Watch Dead after 6 hours! New Owner....help!

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why anyone still uses Facer. Watchmaker is vastly superior and doesn't impact battery life. Plus there are a ton more faces available on facerepo.com.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Facer was the first one to go 'mainstream, and many (myself included) bought it and went nuts with the faces. Facerepo only started adding Watchmaker faces up until a couple months ago; before that it was Facer-only.

I personally haven't tried Watchmaker, but now that you mention that it's better than Facer (I'm assuming you've used both, correct?) and that I have some Google Survey cash piled up, I might give it a try.

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
You should be getting a minimum of 24 hours of battery life with light use. You will not get full battery life until several charge cycles (give it 4 to 7 days). Turning off tilt to wake is a perfectly valid test to see if you are accidentally waking the watch, doesn't have to be permanent.

If after that you are still having problems, check out this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-360/471939-what-do-when-360-misbehaves.html
well, i used my watch in earnest this weekend and i must say, the battery life is good! i totally drained the battery until it powered off by itself on friday night, didn't put the watch on the charger until saturday 630am or so, took it off the charger at 820am. i used the watch for typical reply to texts, used it for about 10 minutes for navigation, and playing around with watch faces, and of course checking the time. by the time i came home on saturday evening at ~7pm, i had 47% battery left!

i totally drained the battery on saturday evening (had to turn on google fit, ambient, tilt to wake and used watchmaker for 2 hours, ran the stopwatch like crazy). watch went on the charger on sunday 645am, off charger at around 830am with only 92% charge. again used it like i did on saturday. came home at 830pm and i had well over 35% battery left.

i DID notice, however, the watch battery would drain rather quickly when it first came off the charger on both days; so did the phone. so i did a full power off/on on the watch, turned off/on bluetooth on the phone and let them handshake again. that stabilized the battery drainage on both devices. there may be some glitchiness in the handshake process when the watch comes off the charger but that is just a wild guess...

ya'll can take my anecdote with whatever grain of salt you need. hope it helps.

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
well, my watch and/or phone both went bonkers yesterday.

my watch drained battery at a rate of 25% an hour and it was dead in 4 hours. my phone during the same time drained 50%. no clue what was the problem. the symptoms on the watch - tilt to wake would not turn off even after turning it off in wear (it would keep toggling "on" as well in wear), watch got really hot. symptoms on the phone - wear would randomly disconnect from the watch, wear settings would not port over to the watch (previously mentioned tilt to wake toggling on even after setting it to off), and phone got really hot too.

i factory reset the watch twice, and wiped the partition cache on the phone twice using the recovery mode method, reinstalled wear 3 times, but to no avail. strangely, after i let the watch battery completely die and recharge, everything is back to normal - i have about a 2-3% drain on the watch and 1% drain on the phone per hour. i have NO clue what happened but glad its stabilized for now...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That is weird. I wonder if it had to do with the new Wear app update (Not sure if it's hitting all phones yet though) or if the new watch update has already started.

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
That is weird. I wonder if it had to do with the new Wear app update (Not sure if it's hitting all phones yet though) or if the new watch update has already started.
after i read a lot of negative reviews for wear update, i unchecked auto-update. i'm still on 1.0.xxx. my watch is still on 5.0.2 with build lwx49l.

like i said, it just went bonkers. its stable now, draining at a consistent 2-3% an hour (depending on how much notifications i get and if i respond to any texts, etc.).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it's baked into the watch or just an universal glitch... My watch died pretty fast yesterday. And I'm in China, getting minimal notifications thanks to everything being blocked!!!! But this morning, after being completely dead, it seems to be back to normal...

legalkill

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I notice that occasionally bluetooth is an issue. I walk around the office and go in and out of range. Reboot on both usually help. One instance trusted bluetooth setting reset causing the drain.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000