Watch face shows weekly steps how do i change to show daily

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just upgraded from gear fit 2 to the latest Galaxy watch. I would like to see my daily step count when I look at my watch but it consistently show the weekly count and I have to click on that to see my daily count.
I have tried various watch faces and the daily step count will flash up quickly only to be replaced by the weekly one.

A weekly step count is not of much use to me on a day-to-day basis, I'm more motivated when I can see the daily count increasing.

I have looked at the Samsung Health app and can't find any display options anywhere.
Does anyone know whether its possible?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I moved this to the Galaxy Watch forum for more specific traffic.

B Diddy, Are you on every single AC forum? I just thought we had the same taste in phones :)

OP, I've only had my Galaxy Watch 9 days so I'm still in the learning stages. I can open Samsung Health (on the watch) and see my daily steps. Is there some other way you're seeing your steps? The watch face I'm using at the moment shows daily steps. It's 12:45am here and it's showing 22 steps. Yesterday was 17xx but I didn't have my watch on most of the day.

Screen_20181102_005505.png

Greymire

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded from gear fit 2 to the latest Galaxy watch. I would like to see my daily step count when I look at my watch but it consistently show the weekly count and I have to click on that to see my daily count.
I have tried various watch faces and the daily step count will flash up quickly only to be replaced by the weekly one.

A weekly step count is not of much use to me on a day-to-day basis, I'm more motivated when I can see the daily count increasing.

I have looked at the Samsung Health app and can't find any display options anywhere.
Does anyone know whether its possible?
That is weird. Try making a backup of your info in the Galaxy App then do a full reset. That seems to correct a lot of little quirks.

M:

1.Turn the Gear off.
2.Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.
3.Press the Power key repeatedly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
4.Press the Power key to highlight ' Recovery'.
5.Press and hold the Home key to select.
6.Keep holding the Power key until the Galaxy begins rebooting.

This can be tricky. These are the Gear instructions but Galaxy is the same. What it didn't say is that once you just hilight recovery you just tap the home key once. Then only hold the Power key until you see the booting words on your display. If you keep holding while it says rebooting it will just reboot to a normal boot. This only pertains to after you have hilighted recovery and hit home. You don't want to keep recycling or put yourself bank into recovery. That is the tricky part.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harper99