Web browsing lag on a rooted Charge?

Cozmosis

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

When I play with a Charge in store, it is decently quick on home screens, but lags noticeably in the browser (less so in Dolphin) vs how the T-Bolt, Revo, and other phones like the DX2 perform on heavy pages, ie, Engadget, Android Police, etc. Can anyone who has a rooted Charge with a debloat and/or Voodoo kernel tell me if this issue is resolved after the fact? Or even better, post a video of what scrolling is like on a busy page? I've seen the Altered Beast UI video, and it is phenomenal.

This is the major issue keeping me from getting one instead of jumping to Tmo for the Sensation or Sprint for the EVO 3D. I get a great employee discount with VZW, and would like to use it with the 4G speed if this can get sorted out. Thanks for any help!

mboverst

May 15, 2011
plus.google.com
I'm running Altered Beast V4 at the moment and have absolutely no lag while surfing flash heavy pages (Dolphin HD). If I could make a video I would, but trust me (and others) that it's not a problem. I definitely wouldn't let that hold you back from jumping in!

st33med

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The Reiser FS is modified with proprietary stuff to index files, but it tries too hard and slows down the system. The 1 GHz Hummingbird *should* perform as good as the 1 GHz Snapdragon (if not better because of better graphics handling), but the indexing drastically slows down performance. In the Quadrant tests, the Voodoo lagfix shows that the original kernel without ext4 is slowed by more than 500-600 points, which is a lot.

Either install the rooted ED2 voodoo kernel or the Altered Beast v4 ROM to improve performance.

asenduk

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
mine still lags but only on certain sites using full flash and desktop view (pocketnow, espn, bgr etc...)
and when i have music in the background playing or any other applications running (like wordfeud or words with friend) it lags...
the galaxy s 1 phones did not lag like this and im hoping its software bug that will be fixed

st33med

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
mine still lags but only on certain sites using full flash and desktop view (pocketnow, espn, bgr etc...)
and when i have music in the background playing or any other applications running (like wordfeud or words with friend) it lags...
the galaxy s 1 phones did not lag like this and im hoping its software bug that will be fixed

Did you install and enable the Voodoo lagfix?