Webtop thingamajig

darkmatter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So I got this. The concept seemed sound enough, and the price was fine if it didn't work...and so far as I can tell, it doesn't work.

Motorola Travel Adapter for Access to Webtop Application SJ1620A Motbiowtadp | eBay
$T2eC16VHJI!FHR6D+gH-BSCVkSYvLQ~~60_12.JPG

Any idea why? Seems like it should be a simple thing to make it fire up the webtop application, and then bluetooth mouse/keyboard and you're good to go.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Your Droid 4 has Jellybean, right? I'm pretty sure that, like my Razr Maxx, it should also have Webtop 3.0. This version of Webtop should allow you to simply plug your phone into any HDTV using a micro HDMI to standard HDMI cable, without needing any special adapter like the one you're showing. When you plug the phone in via HDMI, you should see options to run Webtop or simply mirror what's on the phone. In Webtop mode, the phone screen becomes a touchpad. You can still link Bluetooth keyboards and mice, though.

The dual connectors in the adapter that you got I think are only necessary if you want to charge the phone as well (which is what the microUSB connector is for).

darkmatter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I didn't notice, but I'll look again.
Yea, that's what I was thinking. I keep hdmi and power plugged into this thing and I only have one plug when I plug it in...sure, 2 plugs isn't a big deal, but it kinda keeps things together.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

darkmatter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Actually, this thing prevents the webtop/mirror option from appearing. I was getting frustrated because I couldn't find a way to enable webtop...so I tried plugging the hdmi cable straight in and behold, the option appeared.

With that said, isn't this supposed to have a desktop browser? ie firefox? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the Firefox browser was with Webtop 2.0 (and advertised with the Lapdocks). Webtop 3.0 just uses whichever browser you want to use (stock vs Chrome vs Dolphin vs Firefox ...)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe