[WebTop] UbunTop & WebTop+ (WT-1.2.0-174) 12/24/11

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Removed due to complaints about cross posting regarding a mod the applies to almost every android motoblur phone ever made.

Account and development post scrubbed. Awaiting verification of account closure.

Last edited:
Reactions: ronald600

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WebTop] UbunTop v1.0b (Flashable and webtop2sd friendly)

First
A Thousand thanks for taking this on.
This looks like the answer to my prayers
Can you go into a little more detail as to how to go back and forth between Open Office and Quick Office?
Also have you created a YOUtube video yet on how this install goes?
Does the 4G work with this ?

btw
This should really be a STICKY
More people will want to do this once they understand what it is and what it does

Last edited:

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

First
A Thousand thanks for taking this on.
This looks like the answer to my prayers
Can you go into a little more detail as to how to go back and forth between Open Office and Quick Office?
Also have you created a YOUtube video yet on how this install goes?
Does the 4G work with this ?

btw
This should really be a STICKY
More people will want to do this once they understand what it is and what it does

Thanks!

Going back and forth between Quick and Open requires the you save the doc each time before switching. I'm not sure how well Quick handles OO docs as I've been deep in CM7 land the past few days.

If I get the chance I put together a ytube vid. The main reason why I haven't so far is due to the time involved (the initial flashing of UbunTop takes 30-40min). Hopefully I'll have some time today.

Due to this needing root and unlock, you lose 4G but that's being looked into.

Unless things have changed, threads only get stickied if the mods pick up on it or a request is sent, so feel free to contact the forum mods.

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WebTop] UbunTop v1.1b (WT-1.2.0-160) Updated/Fixed 10/31/11

It's fixed and live. While I was fixing the MD5 issue I dropped in a couple more tweaks. Should be good for Home Base users now.

Sorry about delay but like I said, getting this together has been a pain in the @$$ since the get go. Even soft bricked both mophos flashing back to stock.

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

stumbled into here and came by to give you mad props on this. i just got my lapdock 2 days ago and this is amazing.

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

Will this work on the Atrix?

It's my understanding that the Atrix has a much smaller webtop partition than the Photon. I may be able to get something together but don't have an Atrix and would feel uncomfortable releasing it without testing it first. I would like to release this for all webtop phones at some point but cost is a limiting factor.

Updated first post to show my thanks to UbunTop users from other parts of the world.

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WebTop] UbunTop & WebTop Plus! (WT-1.2.0-160) 11/23/11

WebTop Plus is live! This is a "build your own" release and not for linux noobs that want a quick and easy solution. It's WebTop, running the already installed but hidden LXDE/PCManFM desktop, with synaptic added for package installs. It has none of my optimizations or tweaks which makes it a good starting point for a personalized webtop. I have verified that it will work on a relocked mopho but has not been put through any serious testing.

M3wThr33

Jun 1, 2011
planetmew.com
Re: [WebTop] UbunTop & WebTop Plus! (WT-1.2.0-160) 11/23/11

Seeing as you are Russian, the biggest issue my wife has right now with the Lapdock is the inability to quickly switch from English to Russian typing. Am I correct in assuming there's an easier/quicker way to do this with these hacks?

paulg287

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

I have my photon rooted but not unlocked. Once I unlock the bootloader, where do I go from there?

I am sort of confused by the steps that are provided. Is there a step by step guide for this?

I really want Ubuntu instead of webtop. This is awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201