Weekly Photo Contest: Bricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Weekly-Photo-Contest-Bricks.jpg

Market street. Taken with the Nexus 5.

We recently did an "architecture" photo contest that brought in some fantastic results, and building on that idea we're going to go with a similar prompt, "bricks," this week. Whether it's a brand new brick building, a century-old brick road or maybe a pile of rubble from construction zone, it's hard to miss bricks wherever you go. We're looking forward to seeing what pictures you can take that integrate bricks as a theme.

There will be four winners this week, and each one will receive a Bracketron NanoTek Stand to keep their phone on display when they're not out taking pictures.

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (May 6) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine ? this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story ? we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

hollywould

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Taken in Austin, TX with my Note 3
8uzu4aty.jpg

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
DSC00228_1.jpg
Actual London Bridge in Lake Havasu, AZ. Some guy bought it in London and labeled each brick, tore it down and rebuilt it here.

Sony QX100, edited with snapseed

slcbtf

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Puerto Rico Brick.jpg

Picture was taken with a Droid Razr last year. Which of the 4 replacement Razrs I'm not sure. I think it was the Maxx. Those phones were messed up.

My wife and I were walking up to see the old castle in old San Juan together and as we headed up the hill i noticed the brick. I thought tit would a sweet background. I took the pic, and then have used it on my phones. I did just get a new S5 and edited it a bit using auto touch and it once again is my background. I like to keep it as my background since it was one of my favorite trips with my wife.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The wind blew a tree down in my yard, there were bricks in the picture so this is my entry. Taken with my m8 and edited a little in the stock camera app

7ejudare.jpg

sent from my HTC One M8

ericwilborn

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It's a brick... building. And it's in St. Louis. I took the picture with my Droid DNA. It then went through Instagram and finally ended up here.
brick.jpg

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Camera

Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West in Arizona. Frank Lloyd Wright.JPG Beautiful trip. Was great to see this place up close. Design inspired by nature, who would have thought?

Outlaw08Torn

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
IMG_20120509_145826.jpg
NC State brickyard taken with my HTC Thunderbolt and edited with Instagram. This was on a visit to my alma mater in Raleigh, NC for a fall basketball game.

Last edited:

garnet vanterpool

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
The picture was taken spring of 2012 on my Galaxy Nexus, edited on google+ photos added a little detail to the image and also added HDR. This is a picture of the Copper Mine located on the Island I grew up on called Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands.

Attachments

• IMG_20120125_155401.jpg
    IMG_20120125_155401.jpg
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 58

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Taken with LG G2 edited with Pxlr Express and Snapseed. Is a very old part of Herman hospital in Houston.
4abutegu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames