Weekly Photo Contest: Feast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
weekly-photo-contest-feast.jpg

Too many layers of cake. Taken with the Moto X (2014).

Everyone likes a good feast from time to time, and this week there are more than a few people out there who will partake in one with their friends and family. We want to see the best "feast" pictures you can take, no matter the size of your plate or table, and we're sure you can all come up with a good one.

Two people will win a prize this week, taking home a Nakamichi Bluetooth Speaker with NFC!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (December 2) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Taken last evening with my Moto X 2014
Zero enhancements

Went around town running errands with wife, stopped to get dinner, I felt really hungry, asked for a double :)
We like to spoil ourselves once in a while

IMG_20141125_205340836.jpg

trizzymtl

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
LOLLIPOP 5.0 has arrived on my Note 3!!
_1.jpg

joke - it's only some crazy sushi in Kauai. Taken with my Samsung Galaxy note 3 and edited with snapseed / lightroom

Tom Erlandsen

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I used to work in a pub as assistant manager and had very little experience of working in the kitchen, outside of occasionally making pizza, antipasti, etc. We had a celebratory staff lock-in one night and all got rather drunk, and I got a drunken case of the munchies and decided I wanted some kind of deep fried fish meal.

Unable to decide between scampi or fish and chips, I opted for both. Beer-battered pollock, served on a platter of scampi, with triple-cooked gastro chips and mushy peas. Given I had no kitchen experience I don't think it worked out half bad! :) took the photo on my Nexus 5 with Google Camera, then edited in Google Photos.

IMG_20140831_175935.jpg

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
A batch of macarons I made. Taken on my LG G3 with instagram. (No filter.)

Being on holidays has given me a lot of free time. Over the last couple of weeks, I have been attempting to make the perfect maracon. Although they don't look 100% right yet, they taste amazing!

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
A batch of macarons I made. Taken on my LG G3 with instagram. (No filter.) Screen Shot 2014-11-27 at 12.34.27 pm.jpg

Being on holidays has given me a lot of free time. Over the last couple of weeks, I have been attempting to make the perfect maracon. Although they don't look 100% right yet, they taste amazing!

Soz for the double post above.

Last edited:

aadelman

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I traveled to Lausanne Switzerland for work several years ago and this was the dessert I had after an awesome meal. Picture taken with my Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch using HDR Camera app.

Lausanne.jpg

Wendy Tanner

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Taken with my old Nexus 4. Daizy's 4th birthday party in August of 2013! Her cake was made of fruit and veggies and yogurt. She is one of three generations of Asian elephants at the Albuquerque BioPark Zoo. Daizy's mother, Rozie, was also born at the zoo. Daizy now has a little sister, Jazmine, with whom she had to start sharing her birthday in 2014. It has been a joy watching the herd grow, and celebrating the success of the Asian elephant breeding program.

Attachments

• IMG_20130824_132932.jpg
    IMG_20130824_132932.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 81

Teniferman

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Kabuto Omakase Sushi Course.jpg

My favorite high end sushi place! :p The sashimi course for the omakase (prix fixe) dinner. Taken with my LG G3, stock camera app.

Typhoon king

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
It was my Friend's Bday and we have Exams going on, so we decided to have cupcakes at nearest Bakery, Taken with My Nexus 5, lens Blur mode, little effects from Aviary.

Posted via the Android Central App

Typhoon king

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
It was my Friend's Bday and we have Exams going on, so we decided to have cupcakes at nearest Bakery, Taken with My Nexus 5, lens Blur mode, little effects from Aviary.
Forgot the attachment in previous post 😅

Posted via the Android Central App

kiko66613

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
We had an unusual feast at the office one time. We had durian fruit mixed with spicy chocolate. It was a weird experience.
DSC_0744.jpg
Taken with my Z2 and enhanced color a bit and cropped too.

kiko on my first Android Phone.

Last edited:

Addi Morning Star

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Taken with my brand new HTC One M8. This is the first pic I clicked on my phone.
My friends were asking for a treat because this is my first Flagship phone! So yeah to them to a near by place called Infinitea and this is what I ordered for me. It's called Spaghetti Aglio E Olio.

Spaghetti Aglio Olio.jpg

Schildkamp

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
Not sure if this qualifies, but for my little 3-year old, this cup of chocolate was a feast worth waiting for. I like this picture because of the emotion (anticipation) my son conveys in it. I snapped it with my Nexus 5, cropped it and threw on a few filters in built-in photo editor.

IMG_20140504_122716.jpg

Noty661

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I took this picture tonight (2014-11-26) while prepping for Thanksgiving. Glazed Carrots are delicious and they look great in this photo taken by my Galaxy Note 4.

20141126_171344.jpg

minimat44

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
A proper feast 😁

This pic was taking using my Xperia Z1, without any editing.

It was the first week of my Masters course, so we decided to do a home-made international buffet 😊

There were dishes from Philippines, Pakistan, India, Sudan, Egypt, Syria, Malaysia and Nepal. It was absolutely awesome 😍

DSC_0062.jpg

matthewhaggett

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I was visiting my parents this weekend and whenever I do I always go out of my way to cook them things they wouldn't usually make themselves.
I made them carnitas (cooked in lard as well) with a side dish of quinoa with black beans, corn and avocado. To accompany this there were two fresh salsas, one made from tomatillos and one from guajillo chillis and corn tortillas as wellIMG_20141122_184742.jpg

This was taken on my LG G3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit