Weekly Photo Contest: Focus and Blur

Status
Not open for further replies.

josemald

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
An HTC One M8 sounds like a sweet price. I'll keep my Galaxy S4 as a backup phone. However, I don't think I'll be needing two backups...

IMG_20140421_235057 - Copy.jpg

Taken with a Galaxy S4 running a GPE ROM. The two fossils in the picture used Paint to beg for their future.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Took this hummingbird picture today on my front porch. I've been watching them lately and loving it. I took this using LapseIt Pro on my Galaxy Note 3. The challenge with that was setting it up and hoping the focus didn't change. Then, setting the thing to go off every second I sifted through thousands of pictures of the same few things and then eventually settled on this one. It was then taken to Photoshop to clean up and make pretty and that was it. These guys are actually out there fighting the bees... I love watching them take on the bees because I'm allergic to them. The sparrows come swooping in and then two or three bees get angry. In the end the bees are losing. But, when telling this story to my wife I said, "So... The birds and the bees..." I paused for drama waiting for her to say "What about them".. but she said, "What, would you like me to tell you about them? I think you kinda got it?" Welcome to my life!

Attachments

• Humming Bird.jpg
    Humming Bird.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 25

PHER1234

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
This picture is of a cruise ship taken in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. I used my Samsung Galaxy S4 to take it. The picture was taken before the new Google Camera app was released, so I had to use an app called AfterFocus for editing.

The picture is signifcant to me right now because I'm going through a break up and planning a trip to the Caribbean to help me get over it. It's a nice reminder that there's still beauty in the world and everything gets better in time!

kg6LM1T.jpg

jazzytakara

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
This photo was taken this past Easter weekend - our family loves a good game of Dominoes!

Taken using a Nexus 5 and "Lens Blur" on the freaking amazing new Google Camera app! No editing or anything, just the camera app and good family fun.

Attachments

• nexus5_dominoes.jpg
    nexus5_dominoes.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 24

rumon_a00

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
April 15, 2014.jpg

took this on ma HTC One and edited it with VSCO. i prefer the camera on the old One purely because it has OIS ! just wish it was an 8mp sensor n not 4 !

wxmancanada

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
A photo from a trip back home (rural Eastern Ontario, Canada) this past weekend. Taken with a Moto X and the Google Camera Lens Blur feature.

Attachments

• IMG_20140420_124047.jpg
    IMG_20140420_124047.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 23

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Taken at the new Linq in Las Vegas. It is an amazing feat of engineering. Each pod holds up to 40 people!

HTC M8, duo camera effect, otherwise straight out of the camera with no further edits. Really showcases the low light capability of this phone! The duo effect algorithms need work from HTC, but it's not bad for rev.1 of the software.

Lots of great shots here but of course I hope I am able to give my wife the GPE M8!

78.jpg

moehagene

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Due to a surgery and not being able to walk. I decided to take a picture from ground level of one of some weights that I haven't been able to use in a while.
Taken with my Nexus 5 running my first Unofficial build of CM11 using the new Google Camera Lens Blur with no edits.

IMG_20140422_182035.jpg

Poochey11

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded the Google Camera app and took this photo of my garden! Can you believe it?! Spring is finally here! Used the camera blur effect.

Attachments

• GardenIMG_20140421_112959.jpg
    GardenIMG_20140421_112959.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 19

d.moss

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i call this AFRO. taken with a nexus 5
vata8eqy.jpg

Shutterspeed

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Bixby Bridge on Route 1 in California. Pulled over on the side of the road and shot this photo using Camera 360 on my Galaxy Nexus. Edited on Picasa. Enjoy!

Image Bixby.jpg

Last edited:

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
This picture is of a cruise ship taken in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. I used my Samsung Galaxy S4 to take it. The picture was taken before the new Google Camera app was released, so I had to use an app called AfterFocus for editing.

The picture is signifcant to me right now because I'm going through a break up and planning a trip to the Caribbean to help me get over it. It's a nice reminder that there's still beauty in the world and everything gets better in time!

View attachment 114231

That's a very beautiful picture! How did you manage to get that high in elevation and out over the water?

By the way, sorry about the breakup. I've been there, done that, got the T-shirt. It sucks. Enjoy your trip to the tropics. Life will go on.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

BuJ_14

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Beautiful Multnomah Falls in Portland, OR. Taken with my Motorola Moto G and the New Google Camera. Editing done with Google Photos Editor. Thanks for all the great contests AC. Keep 'em coming!

Sent from my Moto G using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_20140420_105643.jpg
    IMG_20140420_105643.jpg
    1,013.4 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member