Weekly Photo Contest: Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
weekly-photo-contest-glass.jpg

SDC 2014 from the inside. Taken with a Moto X.

When we choose the next photo contest prompt we never know how many entries we're going to get, but this week we're going to be thinking the glass is half full. The prompt this week is "glass," and while most of the time it's meant to be transparent there are plenty of pictures you can take of glass that offer up something interesting.

We're going to pick two winners this week, and each will win a BodyGuardz Echo Wireless Bluetooth Speaker!

Entering is easy. Just drop your entry in a post below. Tell us what Android you used to get the picture, and any back story you want to add to it. We'll pick a winner Tuesday (November 18) night at 11:59 PM ET, and announce them on the blog with next Wednesday's contest.

• Pictures must be taken with an Android device
  • Pictures must be uploaded to the contest thread. I'm not running all over the Internet to track them down.
  • You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine — this is art.
  • Feel free to add a little back story — we want to know how the picture came to be.
  • You must have used a valid email address to register here at AC, so I know how to contact the winner.
  • Only one entry per week per person.

Good luck, everyone!

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I work for a company named Benson Industries. This company does glass for buildings all over the world. They recently did the glass for One World Trade Center. The picture below I took of the building were working on now at 7 Bryant Park. I love my job, and it's so awesome to be apart of something so big. It was taken Saturday, November 8 2014 on my LG G3, and completely unedited.
0bc8e1a2e73aeea1cdac23aa9e0887e4.jpg

jasonbird

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Taken with gs5

Posted via the Android Central App
I see the pictures still don't upload.I thought this was fixed on the last update?

BubbaJake

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
This photo was taken at the old Albuquerque Railyards on my S3 (no edits, but I may have used a filter -- can't remember). Very cool place!
20140525_093002.jpg

Shamrock

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
IMG_20141106_171217.jpg

This was taken on my way home from work. It was a cold, rainy night. I took it with my Nexus 5 using the stock camera and HDR+. It is also unedited.

Misi_Dgr

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
an empty bottle, with my Nexus 5, if i remember correctly i didn't use nothing special, just Google camera no filter or anything

IMG_20140517_234555.jpg

was testing Google camera after an update on a random object

Wendy Tanner

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
IMG_20140726_162301.jpg
We visited Seattle this summer, and I made it a priority to visit Chihuly. I took this picture on my old Nexus 4. I was amazed how well it turned out, considering how broken the phone was at that point.

avigyan

May 28, 2014
Visit site
6tag_110314-220604.jpg
Photo was taken using my Micromax Unite 2 and edited using the default editor. I clicked this photo when traveling by bus for a college picnic and randomly saw my friend pop her head out of the bus. Found this to be pretty interesting later.

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
2013-02-04 17.27.08_1.jpg
From N7000 (International Original Galaxy Note)
I took this photo a couple years ago on a cruise and knew I had to use it for this contest when I saw the title. I probably could have had a better photo if I had taken a little time with it and hadn't been enjoying the subject matter as much, but I think it is a creative shot anyway.
So I quickly found this in my dropbox image uploads, downloaded on my Nexus 5, and edited in Snapseed, but then unfortunately still had to get my computer out to post it to to the forum. Oh well, someday we will be able to do anything with our phones.

KewlSamurai

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Sitting on one of the restaurants on top floor with glass windows and glass table. Its was amazing between glass table and glass view when deserts were served. Nexus 4, no edit.
IMG_20141104_211104[1].jpg

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Went to an interesting local Italian restaurant in Atlanta, GA the other afternoon and these were their drinking glasses (They read "Optimist" and "Pessimist" in Italian). Kind of goes back to the whole "glass half full/glass half empty" thing you mentioned earlier! If you look closely at the top of the picture you can see my girlfriend photo-bombing. Taken on my beloved Nexus 4, with some cropping and tilt-shift edits through the Google Photos editor.

Attachments

• mirko.jpg
    mirko.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 76

Sukumar3

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Went to Nandi Hills bike tour with friends last month
Used vigetee mode in my samsung galaxy s5 while taking this image.
Time is around 10 AM but the climate there is fabulous..

Posted via Android Central App

kiko66613

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Taken with my Xperia Z2, and auto-enhanced by Google+ Photos.

"It's cold outside, can we get on the other side of this glass and have a warm cup of coffee?"
DSC_0678.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali