Weekly Photo Contest: Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmainhart123

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Device: LG G2 D800 for AT&T
Editing: PicsArt HDR Filter

This may not be all fancypants like the others, but maybe my thoughts will help.

This is from the Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in Weston, WV. Alot of these people here were locked up for no reason, and had no mental issues. They may have just been someone their family wished to not care for anymore, husbands who gave up on their wives, etc. Others were the extreme opposite. They were basket cases. Alcoholics. Drug addicts. Arsonists. Or worse.

Imagine being one of the 'normal' people put here for no reason, doing the Thorazine walk, forced to live in a zombie-like state, locked in a room with this view.

Looking out this window, out this GLASS, with nowhere to go.

transallegh_treewindow.jpg

mdmainhart123

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
This is my favorite picture in this weeks contest. Very, very cool :)

Taken on my Samsung Galaxy S4 with the Google Camera app; post production done with the stock editor for the app.

Photography has been a hobby of mine for years and I take advantage of the seasons being in full bloom. The reflection in the glass on my DSLR is of the last batch of Day Lilies that bloomed in my yard just a few weeks ago.

View attachment 148344

prog19

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
2013-10-09 15.24.11.jpg
Took this picture with my Nexus 4 and no edition at all.
This test tube is used for COD (Chemical Oxygen Demand) determination. The colour is yellowish because of the K2Cr2O7(Potassium Dichromate) blended with the effluent sample has given results below the quantification level, otherwise it would be greenish. The cristals in the bottom are Ag2SO4 and they are non desirable, caused by the forced cooling of the test tube. Though non desirable, the silver cristals are the beaulty of this shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred