Weird phone dialer pop-up

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
For the last two days I have been getting a weird pop-up when I make a phone call. It gives me the option to send an email, text, add to contacts, etc. And then, when I end the call it gives me a full screen status report. It's all very annoying and I want it to go away but can't seem to find a way to do this.

Anyone have any idea what this is and, more importantly, how to make it go away?

Here's what comes up when the call is completed.
c814e680f865d209a732518134d041c2.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I deleted the duplicate thread in the Android 13 forum, to prevent parallel discussions.

The fact that there's an ad strongly indicates a 3rd party app. Try uninstalling apps you installed recently and see if it goes away. You could also check your app permissions and see which apps have Call/Phone permission to narrow down the suspects.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I deleted the duplicate thread in the Android 13 forum, to prevent parallel discussions.

The fact that there's an ad strongly indicates a 3rd party app. Try uninstalling apps you installed recently and see if it goes away. You could also check your app permissions and see which apps have Call/Phone permission to narrow down the suspects.
That was it! It was a 3rd party email app I installed. Thanks for deleting the other posting and for your response.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That was it! It was a 3rd party email app I installed. Thanks for deleting the other posting and for your response.
Glad to hear it! I hate how sneaky some of these app developers are.:confused: Can you tell us which email app it was, so that others on this forum can be aware?

Reactions: rvbfan

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
My wife had something similar to this on her Note 10+ for the longest time. Come to find out, it was something to do with another app installed like memo pad or note pad or some BS like that. Annoying. I don't know why installing apps like this would change the phone dialer.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My wife had something similar to this on her Note 10+ for the longest time. Come to find out, it was something to do with another app installed like memo pad or note pad or some BS like that. Annoying. I don't know why installing apps like this would change the phone dialer.
I'm guessing the app asked for access to Phone or Calls? This is a good reason to always review an app's permissions before installing (or, if an app is installed and it asks for an inappropriate permission at some point, that should prompt an uninstall). There's no reason at all for an email app or notepad app to have permission to access Phone or Calls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred