well still another false alarm

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Ya know, people get all annoyed when we whine about not having ICS yet. You have those who jump on here and preach from the Verizon Bible about how "Q2 isn't over yet". But the fact of the matter is, this OS has been on the market since December and Verizon is doing a piss poor job of delivering on their promises and getting it rolled out.

Sure, the phone is great regardless of the OS. But when someone leads you to believe one thing in order to make a sale, and then they ignore you, it gets irritating. STEP YOUR GAME UP, VERIZON!

lordwalker

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I mentioned this in another thread. The main reason I'm ticked that ICS for Razr hasn't been released yet, is because when the Droid Razr came out they implied that ICS would be on it within weeks or a month. I was genuinely suprised when we didn't get it in December 2011. I guess they told that one to try and compete with the Nexus that was released about the same time.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
There are quite a few people who should be mad that ICS has not made it to their devices, since it has been out for 6-7 months, and only 7% have it currently, or at least those were the numbers that came out recently.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Good point. There are way more devices that don't have it yet than do and most aren't going to get it at all.

Sent using Droid Razr Maxx

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I just don't even see the point of a new OS if you know that it wont be getting to any devices for a year. I mean even a lot of devices that were released after Dec 11 had Gingerbread installed on them. Like the Maxx for instance, I understand it's the same phone internally as the Razr, but it was released after ICS was. ANY phone that is released after a new OS, should have that new OS installed on it. No more of this 7% crap after 8+ months of it being on the market. Pathetic.

greghei1

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I'm hoping for the ICS upgrade is that I'm hopeful it will include the necessary updates for Global support. I'm traveling to Asia the first week in July, and I'd really rather not have to reactivate my global BB.

Having had and returned the GN with ICS, I don't care that much when it comes to the Maxx.

Greg

cecebythebay

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping for this new OS to be available soon. I purchased a Razr Maxx on Saturday and after using the Droid Charge for over 1 year I was disappointed. Something as simple as changing font size is not possible with the Razr Maxx. Most of the print size is so tiny it's very difficult to read. I have scoured the app store and have not found an app to change font size unless the phone is rooted, and I don't plan on doing that so I'm stuck until the new OS which is supposed to have the capability that allows you to change the default font size.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned this in another thread. The main reason I'm ticked that ICS for Razr hasn't been released yet, is because when the Droid Razr came out they implied that ICS would be on it within weeks or a month. I was genuinely suprised when we didn't get it in December 2011. I guess they told that one to try and compete with the Nexus that was released about the same time.

This.
I recall Motorola saying they'll release ICS for the RAZR six weeks after the source officially released.