What brands of USB cables last the longest?

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
In all the years I have had phones and tablets I have never had to buy new USB cables. However, with a Galaxy Note Pro 10.1 & 12.2 I decided to by longer cables (6ft and 10ft). My Samsung cables still have tight micro-USB connections. I have used a couple of Droid Turbo 2 cables with the tablets. They work fine after years of use. However, literally every cable I have purchased has become loose at the micro-USB end to the point the cable won't charge the tablets.

I guess this is where the old adage 'you get what you pay for' comes into play. There has been ~8 new cables that have all become loose at the micro-USB port. Again, the Samsung and Motorola cables work fine.

Has anyone else experienced this ? Other than the factory OEM cables are there cable brand that ban be trusted to hold up at the micro-USB end?

Thanks in advance.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've tried tons of cables from no name to OEM and most tend to suck. Yes, even the OEM ones. I've finally found a brand I can say I like.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5238675

These seem to hold up very well, making them worth the price. I did have a couple go bad on me prematurely, but their warranty process was rather easy and I think is good for two years. The locking "teeth" tabs got loose and all I had to do was send the company pictures of them and they sent me replacements. They have also held up extremely well to flexing, especially behind the micro USB end (the biggest failure point from my experience). Plus, they just look great.

I'm on my second batch of these cables and pretty much all I buy now. I think the entire concept of using micro USB for phones is just a bad idea because of how finicky the cables are, but Volutz seems to have overcome their issues more than the other brands I've tried.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Cool deal thanks!!... one of my biggest complaints coming over from Apple in December has been the poor quality of micro USB. Its just so flimsy and frail by comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen