What Carrying Case Is Best For Galaxy Note 4?

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Spigen cases are not compatible with Verizon Note 4

I would just drill out the hole like I saw in another post but I'm also a little peeved that the heart rate sensor doesn't work when I have my Neo Hybrid Case on either. Seems like a pretty big fail.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

The issue is with Verizon phones. ALL cases to date, to my knowledge, have this problem. For some reason, the Verizon microphone is located in a different place than the other Note 4's - this is going to be one heck of a big problem with the case manufacturers!

apagan4182

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I haven't had any issues with my neo hybrid case on my verizon phone. Not that I can tell at least lol.

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

I have the Spigen Neo-Hybrid............PERFECT!
The bottom holes are in alignment properly.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Holster / Belt Clip Cases for Note 4

After unsuccessfully trying to order the Ballistic Tough Jacket Maxx once on Amazon and once on eBay I ordered the Seidio Surface today from Seidio.

It can be ordered with a holster or if you want a much more protective case in about a month you can order the Convert add on kit & holster for max protection. The Convert model starts out with the Surface as the first layer.

Seidio has an interesting car, bike & arm mounting system for the Convert case too.

Last edited:

Warmart

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Verizon owners - case warning (not just Spigen)

I just received a Ringke Fusion crystal view case and ran into the same issue other's have noted with Spigen cases, in that the bottom left microphone port doesn't line up with the hole on the case. I'll probably just add a hole, it's a gel type of case so it'll be simple - but thought you all should be forewarned.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
re: Verizon owners - case warning (not just Spigen, other thrird party as well)

Good to know! I wonder why manufacturers didn't notice this before. Did Verizon move the microphone or something?

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
re: Verizon owners - case warning (not just Spigen, other thrird party as well)

This isn't just Verizon. A coworker had the same issue with a TMobile Note 4.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

It's interesting... I just got the official Samsung one and while it has a precise pinhole on the right side, it has a long cutout for the left one. Maybe the microphone positions for different carriers is different?

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

I have the Verizon N4 along with the Spigen Tough Armor case and it does indeed cover the LEFT side(holding phone towards face) microphone. I haven't had any complaints as far as callers not being able to hear me though however, its kind of disappointing that the cover covers something it shouldn't.

Additionally, the cutout for the heart rate sensor is not big enough in the tough armor so its essentially useless while in the case.

What are we going to do about this?

Alexander Burnside

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

Well, I sure hope you're wrong because I have a Verizon phone and my Spigen case is already on it's way. There...aren't a great deal of good options right now, so I imagine if it doesn't fit, I'll have to live with it.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

1a6c71aec5fb651a861e816d3f1cb90a.jpg

Here you can see the obvious mismatching of microphone holes on the bottom of the Verizon version. Case is the Spigen Tough Armor and Verizon Black N4. I haven't had any issues with callers not being able to hear me nor have I had any issues with the phone and its respective voice recognition programs like Google NOW etc.

akpls

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Most secure carrying case for the outdoors type

So if you were biking, riding, snowmobiling, skiing, hiking, motocross riding, 4-wheeling, etc. how would you carry your new Note 4?
Take a look at the Kit Bags from Hill People Gear. I'd post the link, but don't have enough posts to do that yet.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Yup, that's exactly the side that the official Samsung one has elongated for some reason. Maybe they changed the microphone position beforehand or they use different positions for different versions. I don't know, but it sucks that those cases are covering it.

DarinK

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

To all of those who are considering drilling the case to clear up this issue, you may not have to drill a hole in the bumper frame. I was reading the reviews for the Neo Hybrid case on Amazon, and I saw a post in which the user stated they cut a small hole in the absorption interior and that resolved the issue. So I used a razor and cut a small hole in the absorption interior, but I did not drill a hole in the bumper frame. I made a few test calls and the issue is resolved, people said they could hear me loud and clear, where previously they could not. So if you are thinking about drilling the frame, cut a hole in the interior first, it might work.

I'm not happy about having to cut my case, but I figured this would be easier than returning it. I'm interested in knowing if this solution works for anyone else.

Also, I have the official Samsung protective case (blue color) coming in a few days, and I want to know if the same microphone problem is present. If anyone has this case please let me know if there are any issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord