What color theme would you like to see on the Charge

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the original colors they chose for the charge were picked due to their power consumption properties? Even though we may not prefer them visually, maybe they are best for the phone? You know, kind of like why they use Black on the Amoled screen instead of white on LCD's. Any thoughts or research on that? The Tbolt has white all over it and it's battery sucks.

jayheartxo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I would like a burnt orange and black theme which you don't have shown above. You have it on gray but I think it needs to be on black overlay. Second choice would be the bright green and black. Just don't think an all black droid phone with that awsome screen should have gray scale on it at all. Screen like that just needs eye popping colors and I just think grey scale will wash out the contrasting.

Awww, were you talking about my MSpaint color swatches?! Haha. I like the burnt orange and black, I just feel like that's really Halloween-y. I really don't know anything about colors and ROMs and all kinds of fancy type stuff.

allkristine

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think it all depends on what kind of a feeling you want to get from it. Because red and cyan look really nice together when done correctly, and black looks great with all colors. It just depends on what kind of a message you want to put out there.

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I stuck some colors together. I think a dark grey instead of black might be novel with an orange.

Sorry if my attempt brings nothing to this discussion, it just sorta helped me visualize things.

Bottom right or middle far right do it for me :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[INFO]

Please Dont make fun, this is just to show you that im learning , but this is so hard trying to find the corresponding images, its driving me nuts.
Also i never claimed to be an artist once i get some photo shoppers into the mix we can turn this into a group project
[/INFO]

alteredbeasttheme.png
[/IMG]
aB2.png

ab3.png

jayheartxo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
[INFO]

Please Dont make fun, this is just to show you that im learning , but this is so hard trying to find the corresponding images, its driving me nuts.
Also i never claimed to be an artist once i get some photo shoppers into the mix we can turn this into a group project
[/INFO]

This 'AllKristine' person that posted earlier is someone that I know IRL, and she is an amazing graphic designer. I had actually been telling her about your endeavors earlier in the evening and she joined and posted at my request cause I thought this could be something that she might enjoy.

I'm completely biased, but if you want a talented graphics person in on this she would be a spectacular addition to your collaborative efforts.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Can someone go into system/app and copy and upload ims services I think thats what its called

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

robby88

May 24, 2011
Visit site
i'm not a big fan of either the brown or orange really i like do like the gingerbread scheme tho or really anything that doesn't involve those colors D:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[INFO]

[/INFO]

alteredbeasttheme.png
[/IMG]
aB2.png

ab3.png

Any thoughts on this , some kind of pattern , perhaps carbon fiber as mentioned?

whitenessj

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I was / am the fan of a texture of some kind, but we may need ot be careful of where this texture is used. It may interferer with the white text on the top menu if it has to much texture.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I was / am the fan of a texture of some kind, but we may need ot be careful of where this texture is used. It may interferer with the white text on the top menu if it has to much texture.

agreed,, i just wanted to find an exagerated example to show where we could go with this

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
also thoughts on replacement of the Icons? They could be themed to go with the overall look...

I have not settled on a launcher yet LP will only let me use their launcher if i dont modify it. But yea if we could nail down a pattern and colors i say we do it, themeing so far is super tedious everything is broken up into little pieces and they all have vague names

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69