What device by Huawei honor will give the 8 a run for it's money?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, will the honor 9 even be released here in the US in June and if so I read the price point to be $362 which I'm thinking how could it really be any different or better than the Honor 8. That said, huawei or honor besides the mate 9, what device is out there that will give the honor 8 a run for it's money? I like EMUI which is why I'm still considering sticking with Huawei honor.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Who knows, maybe OnePlus' next iteration or the Axon 8 will give Honor a run for its money in the mid-range market. Only time will tell!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Who knows, maybe OnePlus' next iteration or the Axon 8 will give Honor a run for its money in the mid-range market. Only time will tell!

I agree that ZTE and OnePlus will likely be the biggest contenders. Moto as well.

But at this point, its somewhat stagnant... Mostly incremental improvements. There isn't much any one company can put out that would be dramatically better, IMO. So i would not expect the Honor 9 to blow away the Honor 8, just like with Apple and Samsung phones last year to this year.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree that ZTE and OnePlus will likely be the biggest contenders. Moto as well.

But at this point, its somewhat stagnant... Mostly incremental improvements. There isn't much any one company can put out that would be dramatically better, IMO. So i would not expect the Honor 9 to blow away the Honor 8, just like with Apple and Samsung phones last year to this year.

I agree with you. The Honor 9 will be a very close contender as it will be giving direct improvements and it will be a more head-to-head comparison than, say, ZTE to Honor. It will be very exciting to see what happens to the mid-range market this year. I've been thinking of getting either the HTC U11 or the LG G6, but if the mid-range market does as well as I'm assuming it will, who knows! :)

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure! Whenever I upgrade or get a new phone, I will miss my Honor 8 too!
I love my Moto Z Play but it's not my honor 8 either. Both have their strong points but I'd probably go with the honor 8 over my Moto Z play I think. Too bad they are about to release a new model or I'd have just bought another 8.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I love my Moto Z Play but it's not my honor 8 either. Both have their strong points but I'd probably go with the honor 8 over my Moto Z play I think. Too bad they are about to release a new model or I'd have just bought another 8.

I know what you're saying,for sure. The Honor 8 is tough to beat. I'll be interested in seeing what they do with the 9.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Right now the Verizon moto z play is $144 on dpp and Verizon g6 is $288 on dpp. Both at Best buy. Yes they are the Verizon versions but they are factory Sim unlocked. They might not support all features and bands from other carriers though.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Right now the Verizon moto z play is $144 on dpp and Verizon g6 is $288 on dpp. Both at Best buy. Yes they are the Verizon versions but they are factory Sim unlocked. They might not support all features and bands from other carriers though.

Those​ are pretty good deals!!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I've currently got the Moto Z Play and I can tell you that I miss my honor 8 big time. Enough to get another one which will be here on Tuesday. I wanted to wait on the honor 9 but I know I like the 8. It'll be a while now before I make that switch once my 64g honor 8 arrives Tuesday.