What did 4.3 Update & Screw Up?

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey family... Ever since I downloaded the new update the lookout security app has been draining my battery like crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is anyone having this same issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't have that app but since the update my battery life has been lousy 10-12% an hour from 4-6% an hour (sucks) - also I hate the forced notifications in the pull down notification area for running background apps - these cannot be swiped away or turned off and take up way too much room.... lastly, android is making it harder to move, store apps or files on the SD card - none of Google apps (music, books, magazine etc) allow storage on the exSDcard area.... All downloads are forced to the internal storage and cannot be moved - even the apps that are allowed to be moved don't always work well when they are moved and icons disappear altogether It's clear Google doesn't like external storage cards and are doing away with them (or supporting access to them) what good is a nearly empty 64 gig SD card if Google won't let us store anything on it? Grrrrr.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

bltserv

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I am having the charging cable issue since the update. Need to reboot to charge. WIFI seems better. It reports more issues and connects cleaner. The security stuff. Knox. I think it wants you to let it phone home or it will drain the phone that first few uses. It pops up a warning about apps. Once it synced with Samsung it stopped popping up. Keyboard and spellchecker way way better. Really happy except what appears to be a driver issue with the charging system.

schmiedk1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Don't have that app but since the update my battery life has been lousy 10-12% an hour from 4-6% an hour (sucks) - also I hate the forced notifications in the pull down notification area for running background apps - these cannot be swiped away or turned off and take up way too much room.... lastly, android is making it harder to move, store apps or files on the SD card - none of Google apps (music, books, magazine etc) allow storage on the exSDcard area.... All downloads are forced to the internal storage and cannot be moved - even the apps that are allowed to be moved don't always work well when they are moved and icons disappear altogether It's clear Google doesn't like external storage cards and are doing away with them (or supporting access to them) what good is a nearly empty 64 gig SD card if Google won't let us store anything on it? Grrrrr.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I agree! Who the hell do they think they are...Apple???!!!
The whole reason most of us Android fans choose Android is because we like freedom to do what we want on our phones!! And we like more than one damn button! LOL

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey family... Ever since I downloaded the new update the lookout security app has been draining my battery like crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyy is anyone having this same issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lookout has confirmed the issue and is looking into it. There are several posts about it in reviews and support was quick to acknowledge it's existence when I emailed them about it.

jdubgriff

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I got the update after 30 mins of use my apps start to disappear. Even in folders I've created, I click on it and it doesn't open, like I didn't put apps in their.

In the actual apps button they start to disappear and go on top of eachother as well as on one swipe screen a tiny black bubble appears. Unclickable. Drives me crazy
Wiped cache and did hard reset

Samsung wants me to send it in...bleckkk I left apple cus the updates suck...follows me everywhere

Brother Al

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a few issues with my update. Downloads kept showing up as new... cleared multiple times. A few apps were deleted and had to be reinstalled. Telnav was one, a Google Map takeover... Telnav's "Scout" replacement is useless. My hotmail icon kept disappearing and was replaced each time with Text Message icon/app.. Ultimately, I had to reset my phone to correct many of the problems.

Another really miserable problem is the loss of functional editing/posting on PHP based forums. I run one site and am a moderator on 2 others... using the site editing features have become practically useless. Selecting text and then trying to utilize a site's "Bold Text" or color...etc is next to impossible now. Text refuses to stay selected and any text modification in those forums require manual modification... plus the layering between the "posting section" and Web Page is less effective, causing scrolling on the posting portion to affect scrolling on the web page itself, which in-turn, bounces you out of the posting and forces the posting page layer to move up towards the top of its page... then you need to scroll down all over again... something that took seconds, now takes 5-10 minutes to post.

jp0213x

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I got the S4 during the black Friday sale at best buy, I've had the phone only 8 days and I'm already running into problems. There has been 2 instances when I get a call, there is no audio. The person cannot hear me or I cant hear them or there is complete silence. Another weird thing I notice was my custom ringtones reset back to the defaults for my contacts and text notifications. Not sure if this has anything to do with the 4.3 update but I am planning on returning to BB and swapping out for another S4. I didn't get a chance to use the phone before updating to 4.3 but is there any way to stop the OTA with the new phone swap? I want to hold off a bit with 4.3 to see if the problem comes back.

jorobs

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the update, when I use the stock messaging app and I type in a contact name, their phone number doesn't show up. I get all sorts of email addresses, ones that aren't even on the phone, but no numbers. Any advice on how to fix?

BTW I don't have Sprint. Just realized this is the wrong forum and can't delete my post

Last edited:

jp0213x

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the update, when I use the stock messaging app and I type in a contact name, their phone number doesn't show up. I get all sorts of email addresses, ones that aren't even on the phone, but no numbers. Any advice on how to fix?

BTW I don't have Sprint. Just realized this is the wrong forum and can't delete my post

Under contacts, choose contacts to display, make sure its set to all contacts. See if that helps.

jorobs

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I actually cleared the data in the app manager and restarted the phone. Either the restart or the combination did the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmc