What do you suggest

v1ru5879

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I've had my s7 second hand for a few years now and has been the best phone I've had so far. Unfortunately I think the battery is kicking the bucket. 2 hours n 7 mins and I'm at 51% this morning 😕. What's a good upgrade via swappa or something else second hand $200 price range. Or should I just replace the battery on the s7? Can't decide, would like some input from the community.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Changing the battery would be difficult with it being a glass sandwich and would wreck the IP waterproofing rating. But it could be done.

A Pixel 3a is a good phone in that budget secondhand or if you check Amazon renewed you may get an S8 for around that money. Or you are looking at possibly a Samsung A series phone like the A70 or A71 for a newer model second hand.

Brand new possibly a Moto G7 series phone would be ok. A pot of people swear by them for a budget phone.

There are other options as well, but as I am UK I am not sure how much these phones cost in $.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi there! If you are looking for a device that has a stock launcher and performs smoothly, with a good camera, I'd recommend looking at the Pixel 2 or even Pixel 3a.

They may be a little over your $200 price range, but if you could find them on Swappa, you may be able to snap a good deal.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
since you like the s7, maybe you should stick with s8 or s9. both are under 200 if you are wanting used. one thing to consider with used phones, you really do not know how may charging cycles its been through. so battery may not be much better.

v1ru5879

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I know but I would be the only one in the house going usb c so its gonna take some getting used to. For the price I really don't see anything I would not like about the pixel 3, either way as long as I am getting something that is an upgrade from my s7 I will be happy. Just wanting to see what has a good reputation in my price range

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I know but I would be the only one in the house going usb c so its gonna take some getting used to. For the price I really don't see anything I would not like about the pixel 3, either way as long as I am getting something that is an upgrade from my s7 I will be happy. Just wanting to see what has a good reputation in my price range

I think the Pixel 3 would be a really decent upgrade from the S7! A great upgrade! It's an all-around reliable, awesome device! Let us know what you decide!

Adam Briggs

May 14, 2020
Visit site
I've had my s7 second hand for a few years now and has been the best phone I've had so far. Unfortunately I think the battery is kicking the bucket. 2 hours n 7 mins and I'm at 51% this morning ������. What's a good upgrade via swappa or something else second hand $200 price range. Or should I just replace the battery on the s7? Can't decide, would like some input from the community.

I'm selling a pixel 3 for $180.
Used condition, with some burn in.
Have it posted on phoneswap subreddit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dhie2t

May 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I'm using LG G2 since December 2013. Not long after the initial launch. This time the handset already using the latest Android OS, Android 10 from Lineage OS (version 17.1). As for the casing is still original. Meanwhile for the battery had two times replacements (original) and for the screen has one replacement (OEM). Overall this handset still working very well and buttery smooth. Especially for the OS custom ROM and it's OEM screen. It's pretty damn good and though handset I've ever had.

v1ru5879

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
The camera and battery life really appeal to me on the 3a XL. For some strange reason the purplish color is oddly appealing to me, all of my other phones have been either black or blue