What does Asus do to ICS

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
He's asking if there's any skins on top of stock android. From my understanding, they kept it mostly stock. There's a few little things added, but they didn't add in a whole ton. I haven't had a chance to look at most of them, but when I looked at the Prime at Best Buy, it felt pretty stock, except for a few Asus widgets and apps.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks that the info I wanted. I alnost broke down and ordered a Nexus 7 but knowing Asus doesnt mess with the OS ill wait a few more days :)

They're both very capable devices. I'd be careful about ordering a Nexus 7 unless you know you can deal with the scaled down specs. I know personally I wouldn't be buying this tablet unless it had a dock, microSD card slot, or a fast CPU like the Tegra 3. But Asus does a good job apparently with their software...and they keep it updated really fast and often.

coryteague

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Asus doesn't really skin ics like Samsung and HTC. Its pretty stock. They do add a couple of company apps that are worthy of the device and don't feel like bloatware. App locker is a great Asus app and Asus has added their own cloud storage which really deserves to be utilized.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

el_bori1

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
They're both very capable devices. I'd be careful about ordering a Nexus 7 unless you know you can deal with the scaled down specs. I know personally I wouldn't be buying this tablet unless it had a dock, microSD card slot, or a fast CPU like the Tegra 3. But Asus does a good job apparently with their software...and they keep it updated really fast and often.

The Nexus 7 have a Tegra 3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell