What does "Device Management is running" mean?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For me, it was an OS update. Connected to WiFi, and it downloaded and installed.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

swohguy4u

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I only see it when I go into system updates in settings and force profile and prl updates. I never saw it when I had an HTC pre 4.2 so since these things affect writing to the Sim card used for 4G LTE it is writing to that card just like a hardware change or updating drivers on a PC. That is the last thing I would want to turn off since these updates improve cell reception and fix security issues. I manually force these updates every day since there is tower upgrade work going on around me.

Eric Pingel

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I saw mine running and couldn't swipe it out. A bit later I had an update and it asked me to restart, so I guess that it's updating.
I was especially confused because mine just said "</> Device Management is..." Damn your vagueness, device manager.

Ic DedPPL

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Its been sitting in my notification area all morning and I cant swipe it out.

If you go into Settings/Apps/Running you can choose HTCdm (HTC device manager) and choose STOP . This will cause the device manager to stop running and clear the notification bar.

Last edited: