What exactly is JI6?

aabritt

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Former Blackberry user of 2 years and just recently became a full fledge Android user. Currently I am with T-Mobile and recently got the Samsung Vibrant. I must say in the 8 days of owning this phone, I have learned something everyday and I'm loving the phone and its many uses and customizations.

However, I have a question which I have scoured the web and various Android sites in search of the answer to my question:

What exactly is JI6? Is it the Froyo 2.2 update or is it just a batch of updates to the Vibrant? And does the initials JI6 stand for something?:confused:

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

;) * Aaron * ;)

aksoutherland

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
JI6 is just a batch of updates/fixes. One of the fixes is supposed to be the GPS fix. There will more than likely be a couple of enhancements built in as well. I am still waiting on the update myself.

To my knowledge, no one knows "exactly" what the JI6 stands for. Although we do know it is the build number, we haven't yet figured out exactly what each of the numbers stands for.

Reactions: aabritt

z0phi3l

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Over on XDA there's breakdown of the code, it just is code for the month,day, and revision of the update, and each version of the device can have an update with the same code and be 100% different from each other

Reactions: aabritt

Jason Aubichon

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Former Blackberry user of 2 years and just recently became a full fledge Android user. Currently I am with T-Mobile and recently got the Samsung Vibrant. I must say in the 8 days of owning this phone, I have learned something everyday and I'm loving the phone and its many uses and customizations.

However, I have a question which I have scoured the web and various Android sites in search of the answer to my question:

What exactly is JI6? Is it the Froyo 2.2 update or is it just a batch of updates to the Vibrant? And does the initials JI6 stand for something?:confused:

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

;) * Aaron * ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174