News What I want to see from Android in 2024

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I never understand the people who talk about ads on Samsung devices. I have had Samsung devices, since the s6 and have yet to see an ad (unless I'm in the Galaxy Store app and there it makes sense as it's an app store).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I never understand the people who talk about ads on Samsung devices. I have had Samsung devices, since the s6 and have yet to see an ad (unless I'm in the Galaxy Store app and there it makes sense as it's an app store).
I haven't experienced it myself but there have been members not sure from different regions having this issue, Samsung phone app , weather app and few others .

Reactions: Laura Knotek

bradavon

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
Still never seen these Adverts, tecch websites claim Samsung's OneUI has. I've come to expect this to be a US centric issue, as they don't peddle this in The UK.

The only place I see Ads is n their Store app which I rarely open.

bradavon

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
Like many I hated Samsung needlessly made the default icon size in One UI 6 much bigger. You shouldn't have to use Good Lock to put the size back to what it was before.

Dex, Samsung Notes, Samsung Messages should be uninstallable too.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Haven't you seen ads on the weather page?
I think I briefly saw banner ads on the weather page back when I had my S10+... otherwise, nothing. I'll stipulate that I have Customization Service turned/toggled off all across the board. Maybe that has something to do with it.

cribble2k

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised that Apple fanboi Harish Jonnalagadda didn't straight up tell us that Apple is absolutely flawless with it's products, and his "wishlist" is already answered in iOS.

Note: Samsung =/= the full Android experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter