What is the Best tablet and smart phone combination to purchase as an artist?

Karen Weber1

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
What is the Best tablet and smart phone combination to purchase as an artist

I am an oil painter and use my old iPad extensively in the creation of my art. Mostly i use photo editing apps and the large screen to display reference images while I paint. I have an equally old Samsung galaxy phone that basically allows me to text/talk and limited web browsing. It's very slow and can't do most of the things current smart phones can do. I am looking to upgrade both of my devises and want some additional features:
- both devices should be compatible with one another
-ease of transferring images to either device
-ease of posting to social media sites as I run a blog, FB page, Twitter account and website for my artwork
-excellent camera quality for taking stills on both devices and pretty decent video quality on the phone
-Ease of performing ecommerce on both devices (using something like square) as I participate in art fairs and whatnot.
-basically, being able to run my art business using both devices, and use tablet mainly as a basic photo studio for creating reference pics to paint from.
I don't use any high end art studio/drawing apps so don't care too much about that, but do want excellent screen quality on tablet especially.
My budget... Well, I know I can't afford brand spanking new stuff, but doing a quick look on eBay, it looks like I can afford something that will fit my qualifications. I have about $600 total to spend on both. I am willing to go with refurbished as long as the devices will do the things I need. I also prefer unlocked devices. Thank you in advance to anyone who has suggestions for me! I appreciate any help you can give... I know what I need, I just don't know what devices would best suit my needs!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What is the Best tablet and smart phone combination to purchase as an artist

Welcome to Android Central! I don't have direct experience with them, but I would guess that a combination of a Galaxy Note tablet (either the Note 10.1 2014 or the Note Pro 12.2) with a Galaxy S4 or S5 would be good. The Note tablet uses an S-Pen stylus, which allows for a lot of features useful for artists, and the devices can easily share screens or data using SideSync.

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: What is the Best tablet and smart phone combination to purchase as an artist

I am an oil painter and use my old iPad extensively in the creation of my art. Mostly i use photo editing apps and the large screen to display reference images while I paint. I have an equally old Samsung galaxy phone that basically allows me to text/talk and limited web browsing. It's very slow and can't do most of the things current smart phones can do. I am looking to upgrade both of my devises and want some additional features:
- both devices should be compatible with one another
-ease of transferring images to either device
-ease of posting to social media sites as I run a blog, FB page, Twitter account and website for my artwork
-excellent camera quality for taking stills on both devices and pretty decent video quality on the phone
-Ease of performing ecommerce on both devices (using something like square) as I participate in art fairs and whatnot.
-basically, being able to run my art business using both devices, and use tablet mainly as a basic photo studio for creating reference pics to paint from.
I don't use any high end art studio/drawing apps so don't care too much about that, but do want excellent screen quality on tablet especially.
My budget... Well, I know I can't afford brand spanking new stuff, but doing a quick look on eBay, it looks like I can afford something that will fit my qualifications. I have about $600 total to spend on both. I am willing to go with refurbished as long as the devices will do the things I need. I also prefer unlocked devices. Thank you in advance to anyone who has suggestions for me! I appreciate any help you can give... I know what I need, I just don't know what devices would best suit my needs!

Samsung Galaxy Note.

Posted via the Android Central App

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

I agree with all of the above. I have a Note 4 and a Note 10 2014 tablet. They work extremely well together, though the combo will likely be more than $600

Magnesus

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site

The software selection that works with Note's stylus is larger and larger every day, too. For example ArtRage is amazing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFG