What is the sd card listed as

Getbusylivin

May 23, 2011
Visit site
When I hook my phone to the computer and look thru my files. what is the
SD card listed as in the file list,,, I am trying to free up some internal memory and move most of my pictures that are in the DCIM folder to my SD card, Any easy ideas on how to do this, thanks

fratermus

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If you're doing this on windoze it likely shows up as a drive, just like a flash drive would. On my devices the DCIM folder is on the sdcard already.

If you're doing it on linux it's likely automounting under /mnt/{nameOfPartition} or something.

BusyManNVA

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Depending on what version of Android you're using and how you have your settings, plugging the phone into your PC should make it show up with either the device name or with a generic name like 'USB storage device' or something. I think it depends on whether you have the drivers for the phone installed on your PC. It usually treats the internal storage and the SD card as two separate drives and lists them underneath that.

BTW - if you have a file manager installed on your phone (like ES file explorer), you can move the files directly to your SD card without having to plug into the PC.

KillBillCDP2

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
If using Linux no drivers used and if SD partitioned will show all partitions windows will only recognize the fat32 partition

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neil15oo