What kind of Warranty should I get for my S22 Plus? Is Samsung Care+ or SquareTrade good?

Oneechan69

Jul 4, 2022
Visit site
I think I just have bad luck, because my previous phone, a Galaxy S20 FE just bent and stopped working. I was generally careful with the device, always holding it witrh a tight grip and not dropping it and not damaging the device in any way. I really want to get warranty for the device in case I have problems like that despite my best efforts. I have heard some bad things about Samsung Care+ about on reddit and don't feel very confident about SquareTrade.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Some credit cards also offer mobile insurance by just having your bill automatically charged. Maybe yours offers it?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I just have bad luck, because my previous phone, a Galaxy S20 FE just bent and stopped working. I was generally careful with the device, always holding it witrh a tight grip and not dropping it and not damaging the device in any way.
Sorry your S20 broke, but a phone doesn't "just bend" due to "luck". It bends due to strong force being applied somehow.

In the long run, on average, it costs less to pay for repairs yourself than to buy insurance. Otherwise, insurance companies would lose money instead of making a profit.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Sorry your S20 broke, but a phone doesn't "just bend" due to "luck". It bends due to strong force being applied somehow.

In the long run, on average, it costs less to pay for repairs yourself than to buy insurance. Otherwise, insurance companies would lose money instead of making a profit.
This is undoubtedly true. That said, if you don't want to set aside money for unforeseen repairs (like many) then insurance comes in. If you're going to opt for insurance, Asurion is a popular choice too. I think they cost ~$20-$25US/month so you have to calculate what you think a repair would cost and decide if insurance is the best route. Bear in mind, also, that many insurance plans have a deductible so you'd be coming out of pocket for some $$$ anyways...but not the $200+ that it might cost to have the screen or even the entire phone replaced.

Anothing ting to bear in mind is that you don't get the money you spent on insurance back. So, if you don't use it that money evaporates into a black hole.

With all this considered you may be better off just saving that $20-$25/month into a "maybe-gotta-fix-my-phone" fund if you have the discipline.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana