What launcher do you use on the Nexus 6P?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova Prime as well.
Because I like the icons a little smaller ( on launcher),, and easy to remove the Google search bar off home screen,unread count badges

southflpix

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Nova Prime, for the gestures and additional security. For example, let's say you anticipate being pulled over; with Nova you can double tap the screen to lock the phone and it now requires a password to unlock, which the police cannot compel you to give.

misskalunji

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm using Nova mostly because I've been using it for years. I'm eyeing the action 3. But I really love the stock one. It's fast!

Posted via the Android Central App

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I use to use the stock launcher and tweak it with Xposed to get it the way I wanted (no icon labels, remove search back, hide dock) but I I just install Nova Prime and be done with it. Love, Love the settings back up feature....it makes setting up a new device a breeze!

I play with my food

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I switch between Nova and stock. I use to use Nova prime all the time on any other phone. Especially Samsung phones but for some reason on Nexus phones I just like using the plain old Google now launcher. It's simple and gets the job done. Plus I like the big icons.

NotFromHere

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been a Nova Prime user for a long time, on a Droid Maxx before the 6p. Recently I started noticing really bad lag and deteriorating battery life on the 6p, so I decided to switch back to the stock launcher about a week ago, and I've had much better performance and battery life since then. The one thing I had changed in my use of Nova Prime recently was the addition of the Urmun Icon Pack (my first icon pack). It was getting frequent, large updates, and I just wonder if it had anything to do with my performance and battery issues? Anyone find icon packs cause problems? I've actually been finding the stock Google launcher is just fine, but I could definitely imagine switching back to Nova if removing the icon pack might fix the issue.

Lumute

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the BlackBerry Launcher along with the Hub, Keyboard, Calendar and other BlackBerry apps, love the combo...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had the nexus 6p now for about a week now. Do you stay with stock vanilla or go with a different launcher? I've been using nova, but don't know if you use a lot of power on your phone using it and what do you recommend to save power do you install a lot of apps and if you don't use them do they still use ram and battery power. How do you configure doze or is that possible?

I don't think power is going to be an issue with any of the good launchers now... after all, it's just a launcher. I've never seen a power issue with any launcher... and I have used a lot of them over the years.

I've had my 6P since the first week of shipments... ordered mine the first hour of the official link being available for the pre-order. I've been using Nova for a while now, including on previous devices, but today I just decided I wanted something different.

I loaded Action Launcher, and within the first hour I purchased the Pro version.... I'm really liking what I'm seeing and how it works. Simple, but great how you can group things into one folder and then change the folder to a cover. The cover then starts the default (first) app with a touch or swipe up and open the folder... plus there is so much more.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the BlackBerry Launcher along with the Hub, Keyboard, Calendar and other BlackBerry apps, love the combo...

How is it working out for you?

I tried the BlackBerry launcher but the pop up widgets were not showing up.

Also, with the BlackBerry Hub. Really buggy to the point where emails were not coming in randomly and was unusable.

I was wondering if it was a Nexus 6p thing or not.

blacktalon

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
The BlackBerry Launcher popup widgets are disabled by default. You need to go into the launcher settings menu and turn them on, and then you'll see a little 3-dots pattern underneath any app that you can swipe up on to get the popups.

jbergsing

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I had Nova Prime on my LG G3, but I haven't wanted to move away from the Google Now launcher since I got my 6P three weeks ago.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Nova has so many more options than the GN launcher, it's hard to imagine going back. I do miss the swipe left for Google Now though.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The BlackBerry Launcher popup widgets are disabled by default. You need to go into the launcher settings menu and turn them on, and then you'll see a little 3-dots pattern underneath any app that you can swipe up on to get the popups.

Yea knew that. Turned them on and they still were not working. The widget popped up but didn't display anything.