What launcher is everyone using?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I really like the stock LG UI. I'm going to use that on my G4 when I get it.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy S6 until the G4 arrives.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I really like the stock LG UI. I'm going to use that on my G4 when I get it.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy S6 until the G4 arrives.

I don't mind it either, just HATE the icons.

BTW...there is a version of Nova already installed on the G4

Last edited:

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I love Nova.

Stock launchers are getting better but I need my Gestures and Custom Icons.

SHIFT_thirty two S6

Yup. Especially with how tall some of these new phones are. I use swipe down for notifications. I'll forever use Nova until I don't have to anymore.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Can you still double tap the volume down button to launch the camera from sleep with a launcher like nova?

Posted via the Android Central App

czervik85

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I used to use Adwex years ago. Nova prime since. Occasionally I try the stock launcher when I first get the phone or after firmware/os updates but that usually doesn't last more than a couple days if that.

What are the advantages to LG's launcher?

Posted via Android Central App

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm really enjoying the stock LG launcher for now, but I'm sure at some point I'll switch to Nova, probably with the Moonshine icon pack. I just get bored lol

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I kept to the stock launcher on my Sony Z3 for ages, but I then got the Tesco Hudl2 tablet - brilliant budget tab., but the stock launcher was naff., so I tried Nova, and love it. I use the Zolo icon pack on both.

Mystikal777

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Like so many others here, Nova. I have tried loads of launchers and none of them come close to Nova IMO. Apex is the closest to Nova, as they are very similar, but I find Nova much more smoother and less prone to crashes.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
When I get my g4 I will be using Nova Prime along with stock. I've purchased quite a few icon packs and themes not to.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have used what seems like a million launchers trying to figure out why everyone loves them so much more than the stock launchers and I really can't figure it out. I have no problem using whatever launcher comes with whichever phone I use. I have never experienced problems due to using a stock launcher. I can understand wanting to try something that looks new and different once in a while but this incredible passion towards launcher X or launcher Y is mind boggling to me. For me, aside from the whacky icons and a couple of tweaks, they seem to all be the same. A better and more drastic version of a "different launcher" is to go from Android to Blackberry to Apple. That's where you see a real difference in launchers.