What microSD card are you buying for your S7?

Busterbear

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
After purchasing the new US unlocked Samsung S7 just 1 month ago at Best But, I went looking for a large microSD. I found the SanDisk Ultra 200GB on a Deal of the Day at $58.99 at Amazon and free 2 day shipping with my Prime account. I now carry 50 full length movies and 3000 MP3 music files with me and still have 70GB free!!!!!!!!!!!

DrMichaelUSMC

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I will add the largest card it will take. I would love to add a 2 terabyte card if and when they come out with them, because even a 200 gigabyte card fills up in no time at all, but something tells me the size is limited. I keep seeing recommendations for different size cards, but not a notation saying exactly what the maximum size is it will take currently.

Serious question for y'all out there. Am considering picking up an S7 - but I'm not much of an expert when it comes to SD cards. SO...

Can anyone give me some helpful hints or input on the best brand/size/speed to get? Any insight would be particularly helpful!

Thanks in advance!

cactuspete23

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Are 256GB MicroSD cards available? I've only seen 200 GB for sale. And have only seen Samcung 256GB as a "free" item with Early Bird Note 7 purchases (When they were for sale.) Hoping for prices to drop on 200GB cards (and 256GB) on Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

Pazkez710

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
So I am having issues with the amount of music I have on the Amazon Cloud and have to constantly delete programs to get just some of my music on my phone. What disk would I need to meet my needs? I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Verizon wants $99 for the San Disk 128GB and over $200 for the 256GM! It's outrageous. Also will I need an "Adapter"? I just want enough that will hold ALL of my music and maybe a movie or two.

suthern_man

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking at an S7 for the interim until the S8 is available. Long story short , tragically my Note 5 got sucked up into my snow thrower. The result was pieces of my phone are now scattered over my back yard, buried under 18 inches of snow. If that wasn't bad enough, the week long process of filing the claim with Assurance and dealing with T-Mobile has left me seriously contemplating the use of a wooden spoon to castrate mysef.

Anyway, the reason I'm responding to this thread is that I didn't think the S7 supported cards larger than 200 GB. Will the 256 GB Samsung card work in this phone? Thanks!

Orion Hopper

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Before some days ago I looked forward for the Memory chip for my Samsung galaxy S7 Recently I bought San Disk Memory Card*from Mobansp online store in very affordable price & I also found good mobile cases are there. In recent future I will have that.

screenremedy

May 4, 2017
Visit site
San Disk 64gb but what I would like is a 128GB Sandisk Micro SD. After a while of taking high detail pictures and being a data hoarder it adds up quickly!

The Tech Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2017
Visit site
SanDisk 64 GB should be enough.

From what I have managed to learn so far, UHS-I is the same as Class 10.
Also, be careful before buying an SDXC. Those are meant for cameras and DSLRs and are usually not compatible with devices that aren't SDXC rated.

I am probably going to go for this SanDisk. In my ex-Xperia Z2 I had a Toshiba. Never really had a problem but it's getting hard to find an affordable Toshiba these days.

Do let me know what everyone else thinks about this.

Thanks.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe