What music player is everyone using?

jwlehman1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I may be missing something...but does the Google Player have a way to view the songs in a list format instead of those obnoxious tiles? I've been on the search for a player that lets me browse ALL of the songs on my phone no matter where I purchased them. I have songs from Amazon, Google, and a few ripped from CDs. Google seems to blatantly hide their song file directories so other player apps cannot see and/or play them.

Is there such an app out there that lets you see ALL music on your device (I have "pinned" all of my Google music)?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I may be missing something...but does the Google Player have a way to view the songs in a list format instead of those obnoxious tiles? I've been on the search for a player that lets me browse ALL of the songs on my phone no matter where I purchased them. I have songs from Amazon, Google, and a few ripped from CDs. Google seems to blatantly hide their song file directories so other player apps cannot see and/or play them.

Is there such an app out there that lets you see ALL music on your device (I have "pinned" all of my Google music)?

It's very easy to put all your songs into Google music.. I have Google music on my pc also and all I did a while back is take my amazon music folder and uploaded it to my pc and then just dropped the folder into my Google music,, on the pc... Open the app on your phone,, hit refresh,, done. All your music instantly shows up in the app.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

jwlehman1

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It's very easy to put all your songs into Google music.. I have Google music on my pc also and all I did a while back is take my amazon music folder and uploaded it to my pc and then just dropped the folder into my Google music,, on the pc... Open the app on your phone,, hit refresh,, done. All your music instantly shows up in the app.

Thanks ZMann...when you say you dropped the folder into your Google music, do you mean Google music on your PC? After doing that, I assume it syncs with your phone?

I really appreciate the help, I still think it's assinine that users have to go thru that kind of hassle to consolidate their music.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I like stock in the way it displays the album cover to almost fill the screen, but I don't like the UI, in that it's not easy when you have a song playing to select play the entire album or play everything by that artist.

I also use Spotify, because you have to when you have a Spotify premium subscription. I don't like the look of the player, but the UI is much better than stock.

If you could merge the UI of Spotify and the aesthetics of stock, it would be nigh on perfect.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I use Amazon MP3. I still buy CDs (lol) and AutoRip has been awesome for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

I have all my songs on a micro SD card plugged into my phone. I don't have unlimited data plan to "cloud" them. You can't play your songs on the external SD card of your phone, only internal memory. Google Play will not read an SD card.

SinCityAtNight

Oct 25, 2013
plus.google.com
Player Pro... great interface. Lots of widgets and skins. Options to use album covers or artists pictures. Like the fading option between songs. I also use Viper audio to tweak the sound. Only thing missing in Player Pro is a widget that shows recent songs played.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
All of my music is on an external sd and Google play reads and plays it fine. Every music app plays my music without a problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
For streaming I tend to use Slacker. For playing my stored music I jump around but mostly use Doubletwist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I use Samsung hub for music and movies. I am staying away from Google service as much as I can.

and Samsung hub is actually pretty good, and better than google music for me.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I had another look at Google music, it looks like they changed it to read my library off my phone sd card ... but the album artworks leaps all over the screen and I can't figure out how to stop them!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djboulette