What roms to use?

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to root my Galaxy Slll, but wanted to know what are the best roms working roms out there?

Sent from my Galaxy Slll using TapaTalk!

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I run Wicked Sensations and I am beyond happy with it. Both WS & MOAR are top notch and have great support from the devs and others if you have issues or questions.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I'm using MOAR rom. Now I have a question. How can I stop my camera light from flashing everytime I get a call?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I'm using MOAR rom. Now I have a question. How can I stop my camera light from flashing everytime I get a call?

I couldn't figure that one out either. I chalked it up to a bug and downgraded to v4.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok here's another question. With 4.3 on its ways next month, or so they say, can I still download that version of Android even though I'm rooted and have this custom rom? How do I go about doing that? I'm new to this rooting stuff.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok here's another question. With 4.3 on its ways next month, or so they say, can I still download that version of Android even though I'm rooted and have this custom rom? How do I go about doing that? I'm new to this rooting stuff.

Chances are the developer for your ROM is working on a release for 4.3.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Chances are the developer for your ROM is working on a release for 4.3.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

4.3 is still a ways off unless you wanna go to an AOSP ROM. It will go to the international gs3 before US phones. Since ROM's like Wicked, MOAR & TPR are based off of stock TW ROM, chances are these won't get updated till around the same as 4.3 makes its way to our phones.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I couldn't figure that one out either. I chalked it up to a bug and downgraded to v4.

This has been asked and answered at least a dozen times in the MOAR thread on XDA, and I've answered it a few times here, too.

Settings / nOObz extras / FlashBlink

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Once there's an official Sprint version of 4.3 (which will probably be several months, or more, after the stock Samsung ROM for the international phone), it will likely be rooted, and the pre-rooted flashable ROM posted on XDA. Once the Sprint 4.3 is released, I'll keep an eye out for a rooted version on XDA, and post it here with instructions for flashing, as I did for 4.1.2. Alternately, someone will eventually figure out how to root it, and you can unroot to stock 4.1.2, let the OTA upgrade your phone, then reroot.

Until the time comes, we really won't know what to expect. MOAR may be updated to 4.3 when the time comes, but there are a lot of comments on the XDA forum about the MOAR team moving to the Note 3. But there will certainly be some custom ROMs that get updated to 4.3. It will just take some time.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What about it? There is no GE ROM for the S3. If you want a vanilla Android experience on the S3, there are a number of custom AOSP based ROMs available. It's a pretty good bet that the developers of those ROMs will create 4.3 versions once the AOSP source is available. How long that will take I can't begin to guess.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
What about it? There is no GE ROM for the S3. If you want a vanilla Android experience on the S3, there are a number of custom AOSP based ROMs available. It's a pretty good bet that the developers of those ROMs will create 4.3 versions once the AOSP source is available. How long that will take I can't begin to guess.

There are already several 4.3 AOSP versions on XDA.

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
MOAR may be updated to 4.3 when the time comes, but there are a lot of comments on the XDA forum about the MOAR team moving to the Note 3.

If that's the case, then i will have to get note 3! I've been holding out until the S5 gets a little more official, but I've been rocking the M.O.A.R for awhile now on my S3, and it's absolutely awesome! Couldn't ask for more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn