What the?

quikric

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm having an odd problem with my Droid X, it started after taking my sons picture on his first day of school a week ago.
I took 5 pics total, 3 with the flash, which came out too bright, so I turned the flash off and took 2 more.
They came looked fine.
I moved them into a.folder I dragged & dropped from my PC, but now the pics wont open (the two pics taken on the X, all others including the 3 overbright ones open fine) only a page of jumbled letters & numbers, and when I scroll down my reg pics, the phone kicks me at random back to the homescreen.
Anyone else come across this problem, or knows how to stop the phone from kicking me out of my pics when I'm trying to scroll through them?
This is the only problem I'm having with my X, but its starting to irritate me.
Any help would be appreciated, and if already addressed please forgive a newbie, I'm still smarting from my first and last BB experience.
Thanks all.

Last edited:

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like those 2 files got corrupted, which means sadly they're lost :(

There's ways to attempt to fix corrupted files (windows can do a disk scan and fix file system errors, but this takes a long time and must be done to a whole drive not selective files) but it would seem like a very lengthy process and I can't recommend doing this. My best bit of advice is to remove the troubled photos from the phone completely by cut and pasting them to your PC, then go back into your phone and see if you still get the gallery scroll down bug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH