What Trusted Bluetooth Devices to you all Use?

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Cobra Tag for Blackberry/Android ordered from Groupon to play around with. I really like the idea of Trusted Bluetooth device and screen lock bypass. After the first of the year there are going to be a bunch of TAGs entering the market place the will run on batteries (CR2032 and such) that last much longer and not required recharging daily or every other day. Price should be in the 25-35 dollar range per Tag. Stay tuned!!!

Bluetooth LE + Android and why the smart tag revolutions is upon us — Tech News and Analysis

Tile Wants You To Stop Losing Important Stuff With Its Bluetooth Tags Plus App Combo | TechCrunch

Chris

kenpbuck

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Used the Cobra Tag for a while. Worked great, no complaints. Had to jump on the Pebble wagon a few days ago since it was a steal at Best Buy.

I enjoy the fact I can keep the phone on silent and get a vibration notification through the Pebble.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Car Bluetooth and my pebble! Great feature! Wish my Nexus 5 had this. I might be able to do this with trigger and NFC not sure.

Sent from my Moto X!

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Bought a Pebble recently. Love it but I'm having trouble with it disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently throughout the day. Are any of you guys having the same problem and did you install Glance?

A few other people over on the Pebble forums are having the same problem and Glance seems to be the common denominator.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm very tempted to buy a Pebble right now.

It is pretty sweet. My advice is to buy it from amazon or best buy. I bought my first one directly from pebble and it stopped responding after a few hours and froze up. It has been a nightmare dealing directly with pebble. Amex is dealing with them now. I got another from best buy for $20 more and this one has been excellent.

Sent from my Moto X!

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Car Bluetooth and my pebble! Great feature! Wish my Nexus 5 had this. I might be able to do this with trigger and NFC not sure.

Sent from my Moto X!

You can use Tasker. I have it set up on my N5. I just got a Cobra Tag yesterday, and I'm testing it out. Tasker seems to keep the phone unlocked. Also, I have my car bluetooth to trigger the phone to remain unlocked. I'm also testing the Cobra Tag on my Moto X as a Trusted Device. The first charge on the Cobra Tag didn't seem to last long, although people have reported 5-6 days.

Update: my Cobra Tag's battery life is variable after a week. The longest I've gotten is 30% after about 4 days. Then afterwards, it seemed to drain quickly, down to 60% within 12 hours. The other thing about Tasker is that at least for me, when I go to my car, the phone disconnects from the Cobra Tag, and reconnects to my car bluetooth. When I get out of my car after shutting it off, the phone does not automatically reconnect to the Cobra Tag. I have to go to settings - bluetooth - turn off bluetooth - turn it back on and reconnect to the Cobra Tag.

Last edited:

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I use my pebble when I wear that, but I prefer wearing an old school mechanical watch to work so I use the skip tag on its watchband. Best of all worlds. :)

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Cobra Tag. It is working good so far, but I'm less than 24 hours in. It did cause a little wonky-ness with my car's bluetooth connection to my phone, but I think I can sort it out. I'm very tempted to get a Pebble or a Hotwatch with some Christmas Cash I'm getting though.

slg1906

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Car Bluetooth and a headset. I'm looking at a Bluetooth speaker for the office now.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It is pretty sweet. My advice is to buy it from amazon or best buy. I bought my first one directly from pebble and it stopped responding after a few hours and froze up. It has been a nightmare dealing directly with pebble. Amex is dealing with them now. I got another from best buy for $20 more and this one has been excellent.

Sent from my Moto X!

I bought one. It's awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny