What was the hotest battery temperature reached by your Note 7?

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I put a battery temperature alarm app on my first recalled Note and set the warning at 100F. Battery never got over 93F at it's hottest, which is not even body temperature.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I put a battery temperature alarm app on my first recalled Note and set the warning at 100F. Battery never got over 93F at it's hottest, which is not even body temperature.

My replacement which I'm still using would get up to 93 also but that was it until the past few days. It's gotten up to 95-97 a lot lately and tonight while charging hit the alarm I set at 99. It was updating apps when it did this. As soon as the updates were done it cooled down real quick

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
My replacement which I'm still using would get up to 93 also but that was it until the past few days. It's gotten up to 95-97 a lot lately and tonight while charging hit the alarm I set at 99. It was updating apps when it did this. As soon as the updates were done it cooled down real quick

Right when I got both recalled versions of the Note 7 (before I put any alarm on it), I noticed they both got very warm after the initial first start up and downloading/updating apps. After it was all done and rebooted once, they were both nice and cool.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The hottest was 31°c and it was right after coming off the vr. Average battery temp was around 28°c.

The cpu got a bit warmer, but not by much, I think it hit 42°c once or twice.

Much cooler than this s7e by far

Wazzupp2016

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
My N7 using phone info got to 42C a lot. I could feel the heat through my backpack and would take it out to measure and it would be 40-42C with no apparent reason. Screen would be on sometimes while in my backpack.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
It got up to 96 degrees when I was transferring the data from the original to my current replacement. Other than that, the temperature, even when it is charging is always....

Attachments

• 1727.jpg
    1727.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 57

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Neither my original nor replacement N7 ever went above 33C (91F) even under the hardest load or during changing. I am totally convinced that it would never go up in flames. However, I replaced my original N7 with S7E and got $100 back plus the price differencial between two phones. I still have my replacement that I use sometimes at home on WiFi.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I was intensely multitasking once, downloading and installing apps in the background, running two 3D games, and opening websites (intentional to see how fast I can drain the battery) and mine got up to 37C. It never got warmer than that.

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
My N7 has reached the highest of 104F and never has been too hot to hold or use. I usually reach this temperature when using full brightness and Bluetooth along with quite a bit of apps all at once. Like gaming, YouTube video, music in the background, s note and other note taking apps, web browsers, as well as the floating apps app which using quite a bit of processing power. I also live in California without any central air conditioning. So I'm sure the rather warm temperature in my room also contributes a little.

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
105F, but I live in Florida and was taking a near 10 minute video at a horse show in the summer, in the sun. Video recording actually stopped and phone told me it was too hot to continue recording. That was on the first Note 7 (before the recall).

The Note 5 did this to me multiple times too though.

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
What battery temperature alarm app did you use?

Due to the first recall, I just googled battery temperature alarm app and installed the first one that came up, which was: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....batterytemperaturealarm&hl=en&token=J0C_Ot4A I don't know if it will really help all that much in the end if the battery does decide to just suddenly flare up, but thought it was worth a shot. I figured it couldn't hurt. At least it might give a little bit of warning if something is going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796