What you NOT like about your DROID TURBO 2?

perezs07

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I thought battery was gonna blow me away, it hasn't. I know it sounds weird but I was getting g slightly better life on a iPhone 6s.

RifterAD

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I really miss the fingerprint reader on the Galaxy S5 (which wasn't even that good lol). Also, I miss the "reset" option when you hold down the power button.

And so far, I have not been close to the claimed 48 hr battery time... But being able to actually use my phone and not having to sweat it half way through the 18 hr day is well worth it!

Other than that, I have been thoroughly enjoying this phone.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
About same as the LG v10 I just returned for this. Don't know where they get the 48hr claim from.

How would you compare the V10 to the Turbo 2? Considering both, V10 for the camera, Turbo 2 for the software experience. Never been a fan of LG's skin.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mefesto44

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Soft grip likes to pick up crumbs and crap easily and is hard to remove. Battery life us not even close to claimed.... 12 hours or so for me. Lack of image stability and voice "cheese" commands for the camera is a big drawback for me. I'm also missing the LED notifications but I admit I'm liking the Moto Breathe more and more each day.

buildscapeinc

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
This is the 1st non Samsung phone I've had in 4 years. It's taking some getting used to but all in all I really like the Turbo. Here's my list:

-Physical home buttom & capacitive buttons. They are just always there & don't take up any screen realestate.
-All of the options in the software. Specifically the camera (3 speeds for both slow motion & fast motion movies, photo sphere, best shot mode, best face mode etc).
-Having to cut the phone all the way on to see the battery pecentage instead of it being on the lock/wake screen.
-Lock screen widgets
-A personalized locksceen ticker or note/sentence about whose phone it is.
-Removabe battery

buildscapeinc

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
A few more things........

-Soft grip not very grippy, not nearly what I was hoping it would be.
-When clearing my open tabs, each one has to be cleared individually. With Samsung there was a clear/close all button. I used to make fun of my son's iPhone for having to clear them one by one, now I'm having to do the same thing.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm with you on the clear all tabs. I just bought a Samsung Tab S2 and I can do that there. . I had always thought it was a Lollipop thing, but i guess it's something Motorola overlooked.

A few more things........

-Soft grip not very grippy, not nearly what I was hoping it would be.
-When clearing my open tabs, each one has to be cleared individually. With Samsung there was a clear/close all button. I used to make fun of my son's iPhone for having to clear them one by one, now I'm having to do the same thing.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
A-When clearing my open tabs, each one has to be cleared individually. With Samsung there was a clear/close all button. I used to make fun of my son's iPhone for having to clear them one by one, now I'm having to do the same thing.

Tabs or apps?

Chrome has a setting that doesn't put the individual tabs in the recent apps list. See How to merge and unmerge Chrome tabs in Lollipop | Android Central

And there should be very, very few times when you need to clear all of your recent apps. (In fact, I can't think of a good time when you should clear all recent apps.) Android runs better in almost every case when you don't force close apps. (The same goes for the iPhone/iOS, so stop making fun of your son for it.)

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I have had the phone exactly 8 days know and truly love the functionality of it everything seems to work good things I feel could be better the screen where in no way not acceptable the picture could be a hair better also the lock screen should have a few more features

paxham

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
My phone opens up so many tabs (I guess that's what they are. One for each window/program I've opened up) it is difficult to sort through them. I've counted as many as 15 or 20 including multiple "tabs" for Google and Moto. I want those to go away after I've used them.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Once you sign into google plus or one of the other Google apps your profile pick will be put there, or you can choose one from your photos.

Doing that also puts your photo on the message app in the blank box.

Moto Droid Turbo 2

This didn't work for me.

otwok

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
For me it is the size and the lack of grip. I have small hands so using this phone is an adjustment for me. But the problem is that almost every quality phone is bigger.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Overall I'm very happy with the phone and didn't realize how much I'd like having a white phone. The thing is still kind of slippery, although it is better than my T1. I'd prefer to have LG sized bezels to give a smaller phone in lieu of the big shattershield bezels. I'll risk the expense. I'd prefer startup to be silent (this is a small nitpick and applies to all phones). There should be a soft reset option without having to turn the phone off (that's a Moto problem for ever). Each Chome tab is now its own tab in the open apps? It was far better the previous way where it was all in Chrome as that open apps thing already gets too cluttered. There needs to be a button there to "close all".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon