What's best/safest GPS for Froyo: VZW loc service, Standalone GPS or Google Location

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My update to 2.2 went ok so far.

In looking at the the "Location" menu to turn on and off my GPS.... I now have 3 choices under "Location On Settings:"

1. VZW Location Services
2. Standalone GPS Services
3. Google Location Services

Does anyone know if one is better than another. I don't my phone collecting extra private information about me. What's the best one to choose if I want basic GPS services and don't want it collecting data on me.

Any thoughts ?

thanks !

I also keep "VZW Location Services " OFF

I use "Standalone GPS Services"
when ever I use google Navigation or any GPS type of mapping

I keep "Google Location Services" On (thats where google determines where you are, shows location right under the search bar). ;)

PS: if you ever change your mind about google knowing where you are this can be turned off also ,

jr461

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have a slower gps since getting froyo? Takes it much longer to find satellites

YES!! It used to pick up the satellites within seconds while driving. Now it makes the navigation essentially useless since it takes at least several minutes to pick them up, even when pointing to a clear sky standing outside of the car in my driveway.

One of the things I loved on the phone was havingt he navigation readily available and not having to set up the Garmin.

Anyone know a fix for this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavid666