Whats the bottom line? . . . . .

Joshua O

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I need to go back to stock for warranty. I was at stock with CWM installed, which gave me a status=modified so I tried going back full stock and I bricked my GN2. I managed to get my phone back in operation by installing jedi Rom, so atleast I am not out of a phone right now. However, I am not sure what I am up against given that my USB port is damaged.

So here is the challenge. Remove CWM, jedi, and root, all without a functioning usb. Should I look at Mobil odin again, use CWM to install stock, or someone even mentioned using ADB over wifi. I know one fella on here has said Mobil odin wouldn't work and he was right, but now my circumstances have changed, so it is time to start back at ground zero.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Best bet is to FIND a working usb port. Another user has a bricked note 2 in the main samsung thread and he was trying to do exactly what you are trying to do.

Btw...regardless of what you do you cant get rid of the modified status without using triangle away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Joshua O

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Best bet is to FIND a working usb port. Another user has a bricked note 2 in the main samsung thread and he was trying to do exactly what you are trying to do.

Btw...regardless of what you do you cant get rid of the modified status without using triangle away.

Find a working usb port? How many do you suppose come installed on this phone? I need to find that thread you speak of. I'm sure it can be helpful.
I have triangle away, and I have already used it. But according to chainfire, triangle away is not capable of removing the modified status. Only the triangle. On this phone, it will not rest the flash counter back to 0 as long as a custom recovery is installed. So until I manage to go to complete stock, I am up a creek.
I think I will try to use cwm to install a stock rom and go from there. I am not hopeful. I wouldn't think a full new stock rom would install the stock recovery as long as I am running in the cwm environment.
I would think that would be like a person bending over and trying to pull the rug out from under themselves.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Since you didnt specify that was in fact a MICRO usb and it was the one on your phone I thought you might he talking about a blown port on a laptop. My bad...

Oh and there are 2 places to look for a modified status. One in in settings and the other in recovery.

Sorry ive only done a unroot 1 time and it was a terrible experience. Though I never bricked my phone. After that experience I stopped using cwm and now exclusively use TWRP as my recovery.

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Since you didnt specify that was in fact a MICRO usb and it was the one on your phone I thought you might he talking about a blown port on a laptop. My bad...

Oh and there are 2 places to look for a modified status. One in in settings and the other in recovery.

Sorry ive only done a unroot 1 time and it was a terrible experience. Though I never bricked my phone. After that experience I stopped using cwm and now exclusively use TWRP as my recovery.

Funny, I thought the same thing. I wasn't sure if it was a blown USB port on the computer or on the phone.

sorry joshua i can't offer anything here from experience. i thought i saw a similar issue posted a while back with some suggestions by droidxcon? you might want to try searching with the username too in previous post. i'll look too and see if i can find it.

it looks like you can easily dig a hole for yourself here, especially if you get to that "experimenting" stage (it's in quotes because sometimes that's what it feels like when you're just trying to get operational).

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow. I had to get my N2 back to stock for warranty purposes as well. It took a little over an hour between getting stuck on the Samsung loading screen a couple of times and using Triangle Away to erase evidence it was messed with. BUT, I had a working USB port. Are you really sure it's not working at all? Have you tried using different cables and PC ports? Sheesh, you have your work cut out for you. Good luck!!

Joshua O

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yea, it turned out to be a disaster, the more I tried, the worse it got. I gave up and bought a new usb port online and I will be dissaembling my phone this weekend for repairs. I have seen a few videos by different authors and it seems like a fairly straightforward approach. I guess we will see. I really do appreciate all the help !!!!!

I wonder how easy it would be to switch over to twrp. . . . . . . I guess it is time to start googling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86