What's the latest 4.0.4 rom?

coolpher

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the Stock leak of 4.0.4 few months ago works great on my Stock VZW GNexus all I has to do was unlock boot loader

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
CM9 Nightly 20120404-NIGHTLY-toro on mine right now. 4G is still spotty, but not like it was. So far no drops or weirdness and the battery is better, but not great.
I was just thinking, this battery life reminds me of my first HTC EVO. That thing was equally as bad for battery life...

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
CM9 NIGHTLY:
Screenshot_2012-04-06-14-15-37.png

Screenshot_2012-04-06-14-16-24.png

Defconrock

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask a really noob question?

With a nightly like that, do they literally release an update every night? Can you just install the update without wiping everything?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask a really noob question?

With a nightly like that, do they literally release an update every night? Can you just install the update without wiping everything?

(1) No

(2) No, not unless you want bugs. Going from nightly to the "next" nightly may be fine, but wiping is better than not wiping.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Isn't wiping every time you go to another nightly a major pain?

Some updates to a ROM don't always require a wipe (the OP will usually tell you). As far as it being a pain, if you switch to a launcher that can back up your home screens like Nova, you can wipe data, flash the ROM and have everything set up like before in 20 to 30 minutes. You get faster after a few flashes. Being able to back up your home screens is key. Don't forget to make a nandroid before you flash. That makes it easy to fix if you have a problem or the update doesn't run well.

Having said all that, if it's too much work, just don't flash every one of them.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Some updates to a ROM don't always require a wipe (the OP will usually tell you). As far as it being a pain, if you switch to a launcher that can back up your home screens like Nova, you can wipe data, flash the ROM and have everything set up like before in 20 to 30 minutes. You get faster after a few flashes. Being able to back up your home screens is key. Don't forget to make a nandroid before you flash. That makes it easy to fix if you have a problem or the update doesn't run well.

Having said all that, if it's too much work, just don't flash every one of them.

This. I have everything backed up within Nova. I go through Google setup, make sure I'm near WiFi or 4G for faster market restore, wait, load nova and nova prime, then boom, done.

It's not a pain, although doing it 3 times in a day becomes annoying very quickly.

Eleer

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Flashed CodenameAndroid and I didn't have the Google Play store so that I could download Titanium and restore all of my apps. How do I go about restoring my apps if I can't download Google Play to begin with while using Codename? Anybody else having these problems?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Flashed CodenameAndroid and I didn't have the Google Play store so that I could download Titanium and restore all of my apps. How do I go about restoring my apps if I can't download Google Play to begin with while using Codename? Anybody else having these problems?

Did the instructions mention having to flash gapps after the rom? If so download the gapps, put on sd card, go back to recovery, wipe everything, flash rom, flash gapps, reboot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I cant help you with the play store, but once you get titanium backup back, there is an option in there that will allow you to make a flashable file that you flash after you flash your rom. then you don't have to worry about getting it back.

Eleer

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Did the instructions mention having to flash gapps after the rom? If so download the gapps, put on sd card, go back to recovery, wipe everything, flash rom, flash gapps, reboot.

Exactly the problem, thanks for the heads up. I wasn't installing gapps and I didn't notice where it said I had to. I'm currently downloading Gapps right now. How do I put the gapps on the sd card?

Eleer

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not flashing roms via computer, I'm using ROM Manager. I just downloaded Gapps from ROM Manager and now I need to figure out how to put them on my SD Card.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Where does Rom Manager download them to? Probably on your sd card already, maybe in a ROM manager folder or download folder. Idk someone who uses rom manager can tell you.

On that note... Stop using ROM Manager immediately :)

Reactions: Nechasin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord