What's your favorite part of Ice Cream? (no haters please)

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, there has been plenty of rants on the things we don't like and things we miss about Gingerbread. Please leave those somewhere else. It is well documented that some phones aren't functioning correctly and hopefully the upcoming patch will fix those things.

So, on the positive side, what do you LIKE about the new Ice Cream Sandwich??

Personally, my favorite is the lock screen. I have found I've really benefited from being able to go directly to text/camera/phone/unlock from the unlock screen.

And, the lil radiating key is way more cool. :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I love being able to use Chrome and have all my bookmarks from the desktop sync. Also, Google Voice is now integrated and I can listen to voicemails from the recent calls screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Venez68

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I like the lock screen as well and also the ability to group my apps into folders.
I've cleared up much clutter on my home screen with this feature.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I like the lock screen as well and also the ability to group my apps into folders.
I've cleared up much clutter on my home screen with this feature.

We had folders in GB, but they were hideous. The new ICS are hugely better looking. They don't even really need names anymore. Just looking at them tells you what they are.
I haven't found much use for the lock screen improvements.
I like the new notification bar a LOT. It's really not a huge improvement, but it is. If you know what I mean. Also the new settings panel. And oh yeah, the ability to disable apps.

Schufly

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
The folders are pretty sweet. I've been lucky enough to have a problem free device, (unless I caused the problem) I even got my wife to cross over from the apple side and get a Maxx too. She loves it. I did catch her checking out a Coach phone cover though. I threw up in my mouth a little. :(

McIrish

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Easily, the biggest thing for me was that contacts do not auto merge any more. That drove me crazy and I was ready to find a new phone. I'm liking ICS just fine now.

d.meyer

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I love the grouping of aps into folders! And the smoothness of how easy but is to navigate... I just hated doing the factory reset to get errything to operate properly... Not complanin just saying

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE the new look of folders on ICS and how I can place them into the bottom row on my home screen.

I love the lockscreen, the look of the notification pull down, the menu's are better looking (more modern), I love that music controls sit on the lockscreen, I love probably 95% of ICS. It's an awesome upgrade.

cgaines2101

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I like the notification bar allot
Google voice is very handy
The ease of creating folders
The new photoeditor options for the camera and ability to take stills while recording video
I like the ability to do screen shots (if I could do them before I had no idea how)
Getting use to the widget selection location
The ability to connect to my wireless printer with ease (again if I could do this before I could figure out how)

Reactions: bradenfontaine

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget you can access your notification pull down from the lock screen too.

No more unlocking just too read your notifications :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Moto did a great job leaving it mostly stock ics even with the all the color themes so I'm loving the look and all the extra functionality that ics brings to the phone.

Reactions: TitoRoE

Jack33

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Folders. Before ICS, I used ADW Launcher EX and Launcher Pro because of the docks (fixed icons on bottom). But with ICS providing that feature, and ability to create folders within docks, I haven't gone back to ADW or Launcher Pro since.

If only I can have the screen spin around (going from 5 to 1 screen) or double press home button to have all 5 screen preview, I would be happier still. But I love ICS and haven't had the problems other members complain about.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget you can access your notification pull down from the lock screen too.

I feel like such a wingnut.. Deeerrrrrr.
I didn't know that. :)

Sent from Marx Maxx

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site

That would be a good one. I didn't know because I am running Go Launcher as my UI.

I tried that Still Picture during a Movie thing awhile ago though. Good call.

Props to the OP for starting this thread to help us look at more of the good things.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site

I just went back over to the Stock UI to see this in action and I don't see it. Is there a setting that must be select?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej