Question Whatsapp ringtons gone after upgrading BLU G91 Pro to BLU G93?

msetzerii

Mar 28, 2024
Visit site
Just upgraded my phone from a BLU G91 Pro to a BLU G93 going from Android 11 to Android 13.
Was just checking my Whatsapp and noticed I had messages in a few chats that had Custom tones setup, but never heard anything.
Checked settings for a couple, and found it was showing the tones from the old phone, but when I looked at tones listed, those tones were no longer listed as options??
Not sure why the tones were no longer in the list, or why it didn't prompt for changing tones if old ones were no longer present?? Not sure if this is a normal BUG, or if it is an issue with gong from Android 11 to 13, or BLU G91 to G93, or a whatsapp issue? Everything else seemed to work fine with linking old phone to new one. Fortunately, wasn't any critical messages, but could have missed something.. Seems someone dropped the ball. At least should have put a default tone for any chats that had one set.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Transferring or restoring app data from a previous phone doesn't always go as planned -- this is probably related more to how the app is coded, rather than Android itself. It's probably best to remove those custom tones, then add them back to the phone, and re-select them in WhatsApp.

msetzerii

Mar 28, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for quick reply. Just was surprised when I found that the whatsapp was still showing the old custom tone in selection, but since those tones no longer showing on list of choices. Not sure if the tones are part of the Android, or if they are part of whats apps. Have selected different tones that are in current list of tones. So just strange that tones would disappear and no message? Don't use a lot of tones, but the two I noticed were important. Will have to check other chats to see if perhaps some are still there. Thanks again.