Where is our ICS?

DirkCoetsee

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got the update a few minutes ago. I cant wait for it

Sent from My Galaxy Note

Noooo, are you serious... We are still waiting for it here in South Africa... Not nice

But you must please keep us posted on how it perfoms and on the premium suite....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Noooo, are you serious... We are still waiting for it here in South Africa... Not nice

But you must please keep us posted on how it perfoms and on the premium suite....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

im from Malaysia, first i searched the updates using OTA but nothing showed up. Then i had a thought of connecting my Note to Kies using my computer. Then a firmware update windows suddenly showed up saying theres a latest version of firmware. Weird that OTA is actually a bit useless sometimes. Anyways, i continue and there, a new window showed up saying that im about to upgrade to ICE CREAM SANDWICH. I stop the firmware upgrade a few hours ago because something came up, but im continuing now, i keep you guys posted. Anyways, my friends from india says that they got the update already. Weird that u still havent got it... :'(

kurosenpai

May 22, 2012
Visit site
ive finished the updates and it took quite a long time for me. As uve may read and watch reviews ans previews about ICS, yes it seems that my gnote is smoother and faster and one thing that stands out is the battery life. My battery lasts longer compare to.before.the updates. And the multi tasking is just perfect!

Sent from My Galaxy Note

Heskie

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Orange (UK) via Twitter (@OrangeHelpers) for news on Android 4.0 coming to the Note. They replied 28th May: 'We haven't got any info on that yet ... We will tweet as soon as we do.'
I did tweet back that their techies must know something about it, but didn't see any response to that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (on Orange UK)

Heskie

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Update.
Ran Kies, it updated itself, then when I connected my Note, via USB, automatically up came the firmware update notification.
Now successfully updated to ICS.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (on Orange UK)

bentheslayer

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The update seems to be pushing out in the UK now on Three - I connected to Kies on Sunday and it detected the update straight away. The installation was flawless and took about 15 minutes in total. I'm now on 4.0.3!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej