Where to buy the transformer prime

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Ordered my 64 Gig model on Amazon three weeks ago. Said it would ship between 3/28-3/30. Got an email this morning saying they could not locate it. Now have it backordered to 4/28. I am ready to cancel my order. Should I cancel and try reordering it, or just try for the 32 Gig model instead? I was hoping to have this thing configured for when I travel in the near future, and now it's looking like it won't even arrive in time for my trip.

If anyone has any ideas on where I can find it, please let me know. Thank you.

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Ordered my 64 Gig model on Amazon three weeks ago. Said it would ship between 3/28-3/30. Got an email this morning saying they could not locate it. Now have it backordered to 4/28. I am ready to cancel my order. Should I cancel and try reordering it, or just try for the 32 Gig model instead? I was hoping to have this thing configured for when I travel in the near future, and now it's looking like it won't even arrive in time for my trip.

of course continue to check best buy. But also check office depot and Staples. I got my dock from office depot & the actual tablet from staples. As far as the amazon order...i'm sure not what you should do.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Before canceling it, you could always place a new order for a 64 GB model, just to see what the ship date would be, ya know? If it's before your first order, you can cancel the first order, if not, you can cancel the second order.

I can't believe it's taking that long for the 64 GB model. I ordered my 32 GB model Tuesday around 11:00 AM Eastern Time and I'm slated to get it by 4:30 PM Thursday.

Twist747

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I would highly recommend the 32 GB model. For the difference in price you can buy micro SD cards for your memory upgrade. That was my decision and I don't regret it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Another choice to is to look at NewEgg... they are currently out of stock on the TF201, but have an auto-notification feature, which can email you when they have stock available.... however, they can go very, very quickly when they get them in stock.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I would highly recommend the 32 GB model. For the difference in price you can buy micro SD cards for your memory upgrade. That was my decision and I don't regret it.

Agreed. I've seen Class 4 32 GB cards for 20 - 25 bucks if you catch a deal.

Another choice to is to look at NewEgg... they are currently out of stock on the TF201, but have an auto-notification feature, which can email you when they have stock available.... however, they can go very, very quickly when they get them in stock.

I checked here as well, but, like fatbot said, they are out of stock. Newegg is usually my go to place for electronics (especially computer components), but, Amazon is frequently a better deal. You could also keep an eye on Tigerdirect as well.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I am an Amazon Prime member and got one day shipping for 3.99. It is an outside reseller. I could have spent less money and waited 4 weeks for my tablet. I am sick of waiting.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't closely read the specs, but it looks like the external microSD has a max capacity of 32gb. Does that sound correct?

According to a Thread on AC, "The 128gb sd cards work in the TF-101 I think the Prime will handle them also. "

http://forums.androidcentral.com/asus-transformer-prime/132384-transformer-prime-specs-info.html

Am also not sure if the unit ships with a lower capacity card. Sounds like it is just a slot.

I believe it's just a slot. Never read anything about getting a free card.

I think I have a spare 32 gig card at home, but it is not a higher class number.

Well, class 4 has always worked fine for me. Class 10 will be faster, but, I have yet to have need for one.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I am an Amazon Prime member and got one day shipping for 3.99. It is an outside reseller. I could have spent less money and waited 4 weeks for my tablet. I am sick of waiting.

Yea, that's what I figured. Haha, yea, I don't blame you. I ordered mine on Tuesday and tomorrow afternoon can't come soon enough.

Was it this one?

Amazon.com: ASUS Transformer Prime TF201-B1-GR Eee Pad 10.1-Inch 32GB Tablet (Amethyst Gray): Computers & Accessories

If so, did you click the new link on the page? Takes you to a page to get one for 499. I know it says 3 - 4 weeks, but, I was able to add it and get it faster than that. Originally I had it in my cart with a delivery date of April 4th. I wont bother to explain why, but, I ended up canceling that order, and, adding it again. It then said April 26th as the delivery day. Then I canceled that one and added it again and got a delivery date of April 4th again. That updated to March 30th very quickly, and, when it finally shipped, it dropped to March 29th.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
It was too late to cancel.

Sorry to hear that.

Too bad I couldn't have magic fingers and cancel multiple orders until I got the date I wanted.

I don't know why I had April 4th, then 26th, then 4th, then the second time it said 4th it dropped to tomorrow. Guess I got lucky. Sorry to hear you weren't as fortunate, but, I'm sure it'll be a distant memory once you get your Prime. :D

How many microSD cards does the 32 gig model accommodate?

One.

ASUS - Eee- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't closely read the specs, but it looks like the external microSD has a max capacity of 32gb. Does that sound correct? I am surprised it is not higher. Am also not sure if the unit ships with a lower capacity card. Sounds like it is just a slot.

I think I have a spare 32 gig card at home, but it is not a higher class number.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
According to a Thread on AC, "The 128gb sd cards work in the TF-101 I think the Prime will handle them also. "

http://forums.androidcentral.com/asus-transformer-prime/132384-transformer-prime-specs-info.html

I believe it's just a slot. Never read anything about getting a free card.

Well, class 4 has always worked fine for me. Class 10 will be faster, but, I have yet to have need for one.

Not sure why, but, my last post showed up in the middle of the thread... :confused:

ShelJW

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I received my Transformer Prime on Saturday, and love it!

I ordered it from Best Buy, they had to ship it from their warehouse, which took three days.

It doesn't come with a microSD card, only an empty slot. However, I have read that people have been able to use 64GB and even 128GB memory cards. Please check out other forums, and/or purchase from a store that will allow you to return in case it doesn't work, but again, others have said that they have been able to use larger then 32GB microSD cards.

For my needs, the built in 32GB plus 8GB of lifetime Cloud storage that Asus gives TP owners, plus a 32GB microSD card should easily satisfy my needs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayleepalmer90