Which Nexus 4?

brynj

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
How much of a limitation is the 8GB memory compared with the 16GB?
Haven't seen much discussion on real-life regrets from chosing the cheaper option.

I'm considering the Nexus 4 as my first smartphone. Light user - more likely to use the camera than anything else.

--
Bryn

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I went for the 16GB and don't regret it. I'm a moderate user, and I've used up about 3 and a half gigabytes of storage. Keep in mind that the 16GB in reality has just under 13GB of storage, and the 8GB has about 5GB. Since you say you'll be a light user, an 8GB would be fine, although it would be nice to have the freedom of more storage.

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How much of a limitation is the 8GB memory compared with the 16GB?
Haven't seen much discussion on real-life regrets from chosing the cheaper option.

I'm considering the Nexus 4 as my first smartphone. Light user - more likely to use the camera than anything else.

--
Bryn
It really depends on how you use your phone. Im sure I could use 16 gigs but I dont need them enough to even spring an extra 50 for it. Im going to use that 50 and get the wireless charger. If you have everything in the cloud and you dont play a lot of games then go for the 8

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you'd be alright with 8gb. I have a few phones that only have that amount of storage and I haven't run into any issues. You should be fine.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray

brynj

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, really helpful. Should save me buying something bigger than I need.
I have the largest storage Nexus 7 and only use a fraction of the space.

--
Bryn

radiocycle

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, I went with the 8 and have had no problem staying within my 'limits'. However I am really regretting my choice of the smaller mem on my Nexus 7! Looking for the next gen to pick up the largest they make. ...Just the different usage patterns I guess.

radio

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, really helpful. Should save me buying something bigger than I need.
I have the largest storage Nexus 7 and only use a fraction of the space.

--
Bryn
And with my 32 gig nexus 7 thats what i use for games and movies. Its so portable that i use it even over the note 2 i have now. Why waste my phone battery on movies and game. I use my phone for music (google music) light browsing, a youtube video now and then, and text and calls. Of course this is just me other people obviously use their phones differently

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
By "not much discussion", you of course mean "a constant never ending topic of discussion", right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk