Which rom for galaxy s5

malenki22

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi

Sorry for a bit newbie question but I'm looking for custom rom for my galaxy s5 (G900f xxu1cpc5), running at the moment marshmellow 6.0.1 on three network UK, after searching on internet I do like the Norma Galaxy s7 port rom or the CM13, for the CM13 I can't find the correct download version for my carrier or am I doing something wrong, I'm asking before I brick my phone :)

Phone is already rooted

Thanks

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Sorry for a bit newbie question but I'm looking for custom rom for my galaxy s5 (G900f xxu1cpc5), running at the moment marshmellow 6.0.1 on three network UK, after searching on internet I do like the Norma Galaxy s7 port rom or the CM13, for the CM13 I can't find the correct download version for my carrier or am I doing something wrong, I'm asking before I brick my phone :)

Phone is already rooted

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Android Central malenki22!

I see you have the international model of Galaxy S5, G900F. This model has numerous custom ROMs available for it, both AOSP and TouchWiz based. The best place to start is the Samsung Galaxy S 5 Unified Development section on the xda developer forums.

malenki22

May 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks ironass

I had a look on xda website but it looks very confusing at least compare to this site when looking around, last device I run custom rom was Galaxy S3 and had lot of problems so never did this to my current phone, but I do like the look of S7 so sort of looking for rom which is base on that.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks ironass

I had a look on xda website but it looks very confusing at least compare to this site when looking around, last device I run custom rom was Galaxy S3 and had lot of problems so never did this to my current phone, but I do like the look of S7 so sort of looking for rom which is base on that.

Have a look at the Samsung Galaxy S5 | Insanity Galaxy S7 Edge Port | Android 6.0.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZDhO3SQV2A

This is for rooted users, see, Root for Galaxy S5 on Marshmallow

This is for experienced and competent users. Please read the developement thread, carefully and thoroughly before proceeding.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try to speak to the developers (they post on xda) for any particular ROM before using it. Some ROMS have little peculiarities you have to be aware of, some don't implement some functions, etc. And if they're responsive before you install the ROM, they'll usually be responsive after you install it and are having a problem with it. (A ROM that installs with Odin makes it easiest - it's going to work to one degree or another.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omcars