Which Rugged Case?

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i need help deciding on a rugged case. i've read mixed reviews on all. my main concern is drop protection.

the lifeproof seems nice and slim, but i'm worried it wont provide enough drop protection

i currently have a otterbox defender on my razr maxx, and it is my favorite case. however, i've never dropped it, so i can't comment on the drop protection. i thought for sure it would be my go-to case for the s3, but i've read many people say that otterbox dropped the ball on the defender for the s3. stating that drops cause the screen to break and the screen protector is lifted too far from the screen. i'm aware that the silicone stretches out over time, and i'm ok with that. since otterbox has terrific customer service. is the defender really that bad of a case for the s3?

i also have a trident kraken for my maxx. it is a nice stylish case, but i never use it because it is very slippery and hard to hold. the s3 seems to have a different design that might not be so slippery. but i also haven't read as many reviews for it as some of the others.

i've always seen the griffin survivor cases in stores, but only for iphones. they look very nice and rugged, but i dont have any experience with one. it would seem to offer the same protection as the defender. one concern i have is the port covers seem loose. like they would come open every time you pulled the phone out of your pocket.

the ballistic hardcore seems to be the same design as the defender and survivor.

the otterbox armor seems like it would be a great case. but many drop tests on youtube show the case constantly coming open upon impact. and many reviews complain about sound quality.

i will probably also get a UAG case for weekends, but for now, i'm more concerned on more rugged cases.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I use the BodyGlove ToughSuit and really like it. It offers an extreme degree of protection and is very easy to grip. Only negative is the built in screen protector attaches itself to the screen but overall I give it 4 out of 5 stars. It is available with or without a holster.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174