While attempting to voice-to-text using Bluetooth, there is a loud tone. Make it stop.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

On my S6Active, while attempting to generate a text using the Bluetooth connection in my car, a loud tone is generated. This tone initially starts on the phone (very similar to a dial tone) then is copied by the sound system from the Bluetooth within a second or less. This is a new problem after working with zero issues for the last 6 months.

This tone does not occur when the Bluetooth is unpaired.
This tone does not occur when making a phone call with Bluetooth paired.
I do not stream music on my phone to check that functionality with Bluetooth

The tone starts as soon as the microphone button is activated in the messaging app using Bluetooth.
The tone stops if I press the microphone button a second time.

Sometimes the tone will stop after about 30 seconds, but I usually give up way before that point.

I have removed the devices from each others Bluetooth and then re-paired them.
I have wiped the partition system cache.

This is rather annoying... help, please.

Fennboy

Dec 28, 2017
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing. I have a Samsung note 5. Anytime the phone is "listening" I get a loud noise like a dialtone or almost a fax/dialup feedback. I've tried pairing difference devices. It happens with multiple apps. Please help!

redhotred

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
This exact same thing has been happening to me for about a month now with my Note 5. No matter which bluetooth unit I use, as soon as I hit the mic I get the loud noise. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter