Who has NOT received an OTA yet?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
this method worked for me on second try. it will probably temporarily break your GCM (Google Cloud Messaging) Push Email/Notifications and you will have to do a hard reset back to factory fresh state and then manually resync and reinstall of all apps and data in order to fix it - so make sure all of your data is backed up first. a PIA but a clean fresh start from scratch is not a bad idea anyway when doing a major OS Letter update. good luck.

Pradaman Shorey
Shared publicly - 2:31 PM
#Nexus5

How to force Lollipop Update on your Nexus Device:
1. Go to Settings > Apps > All > Google play services > manage space >
clear data.
2. Go to Google Services framework > clear data > force stop.
3. Go to Settings > About phone > system updates (it should say last
checked in 1969)
4. Click on 'Check Now' & keep refreshing and it should push the
update to your phone if it doesn't work the first time keep trying.
It worked for me in the first go (Nexus 5)!!
Good Luck...

#lollipopupdate #nexus #update #nexus5 #lollipop
#google 

https://plus.google.com/+PradamanShorey/posts/RhmXWhoE6Be

Force Android OS OTA Update

shinkaide

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Guy from the Philippines checking in here. Still nothing. Maybe it has to do with some of the odd bits and ends that people are finding wrong with the initial Lollipop rollout?

If I understand correctly, some folks who still haven't gotten 5.0 at the moment may likely go right to 5.0.1 due to some fixes that Google want to get in before a wider rollout., as some have pointed out.

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
There must be something going on behind the scenes with the slow rollouts-maybe

Posted via the Android Central App

That is exactly what I'm thinking. I've NEVER had to wait a MONTH for an update. I usually get it within 3-4 days.

Posted via Android Central App

jimlc

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I think you will receive it soon, I received 5.0.1 on Thursday and it seems to be working well. Hang in there.:)

Zerocool84

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Finally got the update from Kitkat. On 5.0.1 now by doing the framework trick and restarting my tablet.

Did a factory reset and it feels like a whole new tablet. I was getting multiple random restarts a day on Kitkat and haven't had one since I updated last night.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What Framework trick?

Finally got the update from Kitkat. On 5.0.1 now by doing the framework trick and restarting my tablet.

Did a factory reset and it feels like a whole new tablet. I was getting multiple random restarts a day on Kitkat and haven't had one since I updated last night.

Alcarnor14

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for the update on my 2013 LTE nexus 7. The old Wi-Fi 2012 I've got as well hasn't gotten it yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord