Who is ditching their Galaxy phone to get a Pixel?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Well after being out for lunch with a pal yesterday and looking over his Pixel 6 Pro; I've decided its not for me and I've sold my iPhone 12 Pro Max and bought a Note 20 Ultra 5G

The Pixel is a superb phone I can see that; but the poor fingerprint reader (my pals losing his nut with it already); the lack of any decent screen protectors so far etc has put me right off...

Least I know with the Note 20 Ultra it has the OEM fitted screen protector & that the fingerprint reader works really well (well; it did on my previous S21 Ultra)

As said on other threads; I've no doubt that I'll end up buying the Pixel 6 Pro; but think it'll be Spring next year when I look into it as I want to see it settle and see what accessories 9cases and tempered glass screen protectors mainly) come out for it and how well they do etc

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I posted this in another thread, but here are my thoughts of 6 Pro compared to my S21+

I'm not sure how many of my complaints are directly the Pixel vs how many are Android 12.

I HATE the large clock on the lock screen that you can't change. I can't read that thing. The only upside is that I know I have a notification when the large clock goes away.

I hate that I can't just swipe down and click on Bluetooth to see connections as I could on the S21, but instead have to go all the way into the settings menu. (Solution - long press the bluetooth button in the pull down menu and it takes you to the connections)

The speakers sound rather wonky, almost as if the phone is in a tunnel, really not a good sound at all.

I hate that to get to the "close all" button I have to click to open the app slider at the bottom and then slide all the way over to the left. On the S21 it was just right there.

The S21 is only slightly smaller, but really phones don't need to get any larger. I hate phone size creep. A few mm larger with each successive phone I get.

Battery life has been great. I'm usually down to 50-60% after a 10h shift at work, but have ended the first few shifts closer to 70%.

The song identifier works surprisingly well. There was a speaker on not really that loud 10-15ft from my phone and there it was telling me what song was playing way over there.

I LOVE that the lock screen notification icons are all white. You couldn't see the ones on my S21 that were blue for instance.

I don't like the gallery app compared to the samsung one. I don't need to see my pics by date. Just throw them all in the album that they are in in one big group. I don't see myself using that app long term.

The magic eraser works surprisingly well and simple. I had to delete and update the camera app to get it to work. Thank you internet for that tip.

The fingerprint reader on the S21 was a little faster, but this one isn't too bad. I registered both thumbs to one print as has been suggested and as I did on my S21 and it seems to work well.

The smart lock isn't the most reliable. I have it set to stay unlocked when connected to my watches, at home, on body and at work but there are numerous times where it wants my code to get in

I should be able to turn off bubble pop ups globally, which I thought I did, but that didn't do it so I had to go turn them off individually by app.

This isn't 6 specific, but I hate having to go from the always on display to the lock screen to the phone screen. If the phone is unlocked don't make me stop at the lock screen.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My Note 20 Ultra is going on Swappa soon. It's so good to be back on a Pixel phone. I have a 6 pro and it's basically the same size as my Note 20 but I just couldn't get used to Samsung software.

rudyn43

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
I will be getting a 6 Pro soon to replace my Galaxy S9+. I am leaning towards 256GB in the phone, just not sure yet. I will be using it on Verizon .

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe