Who is ditching their Galaxy phone to get a Pixel?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been buying Samsung since my beloved Note 7, the only phone I ever truly loved for its brief life before Samsung disabled them out of fear of explosion. I've had every Galaxy S Plus variant since. Over the past few years there are just a bunch of little things that seem to either go wrong or annoy me about the Samsung phones such that I couldn't wait to get a Pixel and ditch my 6 month old S21+. Samsung generally makes a great phone, but I've just been left with a bit of a bad taste over the last few years. Who else is ditching Samsung for a Pixel?

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
What exactly do you not like about the S21 Ultra and what makes you think the Pixel 6 will be light years better than it? I'm just asking as I have the ultra and love it. I cant say I haven't been tempted by the 6 though.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the S21 Plus, but close enough for these purposes. I'm not imagining the Pixel to be light years ahead necessarily, but at least an evolution ahead. Also, I admit that some of the issues may be with all phones and even maybe the network sometimes, but there is a large part of me that want to see if the grass is greener on the other side. I've had a bunch of random wireless charging issues with my last bunch of Samsung phones. Different phones on different chargers that would just randomly go into a charge/not charge loop. The camera is nice for FB pics, but when I move the pics over to my computer they aren't so amazing looking with a lot of loss of detail even in well lit pictures. I've always heard good things about Pixel cameras and am looking forward to trying them.

I assume and hope this is an Android 12 thing, but I HATE with a passion the color lock screen notifications as most of them are too dark to see unless you are up close to your phone. I'm really hoping they are all white again like this and if so can't wait to go back to that.
unnamed.jpg

25 to 30W charging isn't a huge deal. 23W wireless charging should definitely be nice though.

Very frequently when I try voice to text I have to wait a long time while it's initializing before I can speak. Again, not sure if that's necessarily a Samsung thing, but I'm willing to give Google a try to see. The Pixel is also supposed to have a much better voice to text engine.

Those are a few of the things I can think of at the moment.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
If, Samsung fixes some of the features of Android 12 with their new 4.0 coming out, I may dump my Pixel 4XL and hop over to a S22 series when released. If not...might go in the other direction. I keep running across bugs in my 4XL with 12 as well as some of the design features are downright ugly or just intrusive.
Now, if google fixes these bugs, and allows some correction to the features many are finding not to their liking maybe I'll stick with Pixel. But overall, not sure if I care anymore.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I've been buying Samsung since my beloved Note 7, the only phone I ever truly loved for its brief life before Samsung disabled them out of fear of explosion. I've had every Galaxy S Plus variant since. Over the past few years there are just a bunch of little things that seem to either go wrong or annoy me about the Samsung phones such that I couldn't wait to get a Pixel and ditch my 6 month old S21+. Samsung generally makes a great phone, but I've just been left with a bit of a bad taste over the last few years. Who else is ditching Samsung for a Pixel?

I have as wanted to try stock android and i know the pixel cameras would be class leading.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
Pixels don't run stock Android, if that's what you want you'll get closer with a Motorola or Nokia.

Pixel do run stock android. Pixel software experience just seems far superior to anything out there outside of IOS and why I wanted to get a pixel. One UI is good but certain areas it annoys me

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Pixel do run stock android. Pixel software experience just seems far superior to anything out there outside of IOS and why I wanted to get a pixel. One UI is good but certain areas it annoys me

I don't think you understand what stock Android is, but that's ok.

"Stock" doesn't mean "Google".

Pixels are skinned. You said it yourself, they have the pixel experience. Just like Samsung have OneUI.

They have their own launcher, theme engine and a whole host of other unique features and services.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I left my S10 (that I loved and still keep now as a back-up phone) for a Pixel 5... Does that count? 🤣 The Pixel experience always has me coming back!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm upgrading from the Note 8. I had the 7 before that, and the Note 4 before the 7. I will miss the Note line but I just refuse to pay over $1000 for phones. I was interested in the Pixel but was hesitant to get excited because I figured the pricing would be close to $1000 so when I saw the Pixel 6 at $599 it sealed the deal.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been a Sammy guy since the S3 and with the Notes since the Five. Android since the beginning. Going to the Pixel 6 Pro from the Note 9 beause there's no new Note this year. Am hoping the Pixel will give me the quality of sound, reception, data transfer and SHARP DISPLAY as the Sammys. The camera, for me, while being the mainstay of the Pixels, I take for granted that the Pixel will excell. I don't see many Sammy folks jumping to the New Pixels, at least they're not posting about it. All I can say is that I hope this new Pixel performs like a Flagship and is A+ in reliability and in everyday use.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I left my S10 (that I loved and still keep now as a back-up phone) for a Pixel 5... Does that count? ������ The Pixel experience always has me coming back!

What is it about the Pixel experience that brings you back compared to Samsung?

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I don't think you understand what stock Android is, but that's ok.

"Stock" doesn't mean "Google".

Pixels are skinned. You said it yourself, they have the pixel experience. Just like Samsung have OneUI.

They have their own launcher, theme engine and a whole host of other unique features and services.

Fair enough dude, I’m very new to the pixel phones so I guess what I mean is I just wanted to try the pixel experience and look over oneUI

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
As I stated on another thread...moving from my Note 10+. I've mostly had Google phones so it's not much of a departure.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Granted the pixel 6 is currently the flavor of the month. And there will always be Samsung haters. But in a few months the s22 Ullra and perhaps even a note 22 will be here. So I wouldn't be giving up on Samsung just yet.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I had every intention of keeping my S20 FE for awhile, which I bought over the Pixel 5. When I saw the first 6 Pro leaks in the Spring, I knew I'd be all in. I decided to get max resale for the Samsung and sold it then rather than wait.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Granted the pixel 6 is currently the flavor of the month. And there will always be Samsung haters. But in a few months the s22 Ullra and perhaps even a note 22 will be here. So I wouldn't be giving up on Samsung just yet.

Yup I'm fully aware of that but I miss using Google. Can't wait to get the Pro.

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping my S21 Ultra and also my 13 pro max and adding to this. I tend to switch phones often so I'm excited to see how the 6 pro will do :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz