Who's Getting Flip 5 ?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Oh the front screen is definitely big and a much appreciated upgrade. The front screen is 34 inches. Extremely funny when you realize that the average screen size was only 3.5 inches when iOS and Android first launched.
Yeah, I've been looking at it wondering if it it is actually bigger than my first smartphone lol. I planned to buy Cover OS when I got the 4, but after getting the phone and using the outer screen I decided it would do more harm than good. Think I'll try it out this year though.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Yeah, I've been looking at it wondering if it it is actually bigger than my first smartphone lol. I planned to buy Cover OS when I got the 4, but after getting the phone and using the outer screen I decided it would do more harm than good. Think I'll try it out this year though.
Did you enable all apps on cover through GoodLock

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Not yet, but I do intend to. I hate setting new phones up lol
OK, I did it. The reviewers are right that it is a clunky experience... but it might be as clunky as it should be given how experimental it is.

It also makes me think some of the reviewers must be as dumb as a brick... I've heard several of them complain that once you enable in labs and good lock you have 2 separate app drawers... you just don't turn the labs one on and add the apps to good lock.

facepalm

Reactions: Jewels81

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
My Flip 5 arrived. It's much nicer than the 4, mostly through the virtue of being matte rather than glossy. Something I couldn't tell in the pictures is that the mid frame, not just the backplate is yellow! I don't think I can put a case on this thing to be honest... it's just too nice without one, and the cover screen looks and feels so much better without a case outlining it.
Awesome. Congratulations. So glad you got yours. I know how you feel lol. I love having my flip and fold phones without a case. I only do at home tho. Not when I'm out. My work has concrete like floors and one time my flip 4 flew out of my hand in a thin case with no hinge coverage while taking it out of my pocket and smacked really hard on the floor. Everyone like oh hell that phone got something wrong with it now. I was too scared to look at it but I did and not a scratch or anything lol. Of course my flip 5 is sitting in Louisville KY (30 minutes from me) next it would go to Jeffersonville Indiana to be loaded on truck to come to me but with Samsung deliver week day rule or whatever it's going to sit there til Monday. Be nice if FedEx decide to say ah we don't need it in our way and deliver it tomorrow. But I know that ain't happening. Lol. Since I work 10 to 12 hours on Saturday and Sunday hopefully those days go by fast so Monday will get here quick lol.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. Congratulations. So glad you got yours. I know how you feel lol. I love having my flip and fold phones without a case. I only do at home tho. Not when I'm out. My work has concrete like floors and one time my flip 4 flew out of my hand in a thin case with no hinge coverage while taking it out of my pocket and smacked really hard on the floor. Everyone like oh hell that phone got something wrong with it now. I was too scared to look at it but I did and not a scratch or anything lol. Of course my flip 5 is sitting in Louisville KY (30 minutes from me) next it would go to Jeffersonville Indiana to be loaded on truck to come to me but with Samsung deliver week day rule or whatever it's going to sit there til Monday. Be nice if FedEx decide to say ah we don't need it in our way and deliver it tomorrow. But I know that ain't happening. Lol. Since I work 10 to 12 hours on Saturday and Sunday hopefully those days go by fast so Monday will get here quick lol.
I'm sorry yours is taking so long. There are some small advantages to living on a tiny island lol
There is nothing quite like that stomach dropping moment when you drop a phone without a case, I actually think the flip is more durable when closed than a regular phone though. There is also nothing quite like the elation of picking your phone up after a drop and they're being nothing wrong with it!

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Just ordered a lavender 512gb this evening. Trading in my Pixel 6 (freebie from 2 years ago) for it. Still rocking my Note 20Ultra and another Pixel 6. Debating on using the Flip for my main phony vs my N20U.

Reactions: Bkdodger1

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I was considering getting one but I am weary of the foldable screen not lasting maybe in a few years when they have the screen mastered.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Mainly because of Samsungs "problems" with their trade-ins over the last few years they lost a Flip 5 buyer in me.

My Flip 3 is literally in like new condition because I don't use it all the time, and I have 2 new cases still in the boxes for it. Counting the $365 I would have paid with my trade in, plus the $100 in cases I would have wasted, plus the cost of new cases for the 5, and of course the risk of shipping them my Flip 3 which I wasn't willing to do (don't need the hassle and worry), I opted to just keep my 3.

The only reason I was really interested in the 5 was to get a fresher battery. But I had told myself I was going to keep the 3 until the software support ran out, and that's what I'm going to do. Plus I want to see how this screen holds up over the long haul before I commit to another one.

Still not 100% sold on foldables..or Samsung 🤔

Thanks Sammy for helping me make my decision 😉

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Went to T-Mobile today and played with one and I decided not to get one the screen doesn't seem to be able to last IMHO?!

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
My Flip 5 came in last night.. I got the gray with the black borders and I think it's very nice looking a little subtle but sharp looking.. I got home late last night so I didn't get a chance to really set up.. I will upload some pics of the phone when I get a chance later on today hopefully...

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My Flip 5 came in last night.. I got the gray with the black borders and I think it's very nice looking a little subtle but sharp looking.. I got home late last night so I didn't get a chance to really set up.. I will upload some pics of the phone when I get a chance later on today hopefully...
Very nice! it's kindda odd that they didn't offer a black version this year... especially considering the upper back panel has to be black on all devices.

Unless I just missed it lol

Reactions: Bkdodger1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967