Why can't I add a widget, such as a clock, to my home screen using Nova Launcher?

smf98aggie

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same exact issue! I just contacted Nova this morning, and they said they think it has something to do with the device itself, because they've had other people contact them about the same thing. They said to contact BLU about it, but I'm sure you all know how far that will get you.
Screenshot_20161007-101657.jpg

smf98aggie

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Called Blu and confirmed again that they are working on a fix. He said the Pure XR had the same issue and they took care of it. Not sure how true that is lol

Man, I hope they can figure it out. Do you guys have any issues with your Tesla Unread Count? I get the same kind of error when I try to switch on the count for my Outlook Mail app and Google Voice app.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Man, I hope they can figure it out. Do you guys have any issues with your Tesla Unread Count? I get the same kind of error when I try to switch on the count for my Outlook Mail app and Google Voice app.
I haven't actually uses that. But nevertheless I'm trying to stay on BLUs *** about this because I'm not a happy camper

slapdawg

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
FYI... got this response from Blu today. Hopefully it's accurate.

"Our software team is aware of the situation, and is in the final testing phase of a new update. Once this update is released, your device will notify you."

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
It will most probably be something to do with your new phone's firmware. Not every device will support widgets through anything apart from the default launcher. You might want to check other launchers and then check if it is a Nova on your new phone issue or your phone doesn't support widgets through other launchers.

Laura Crusader

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I tried nova in the past but wasn't really huge about the layout. I use Atom launcher (3 yrs now) bc its simple & it looks clean. It has almost everything i need. Hidden features, their own atom store for widgets etc.Goodluck y'all.

smf98aggie

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Nova is not the issue. All aftermarket launchers don't work. I actually called and spoke with a BLU supervisor. He said they are going to reiterate the issue and make a fix. There Facebook service page is messaging me on messenger and saying this is a known problem. And they are going to have a fix for it and send it out to all Vivo 5R devices. ;) Fingers crossed.

Ok, here's a little update. I did find that C Launcher does work and will show widgets. I used it for about a week and it did fine, EXCEPT for one very odd issue. I have folders set up on one page. I had one specific folder with all my medie/music/movie apps in it. I noticed that every couple days, instead of my folder being in it's spot, there was an advertisement in its place. It still looked like the round folder icon, but it was an advertisement that took me to the web and tried to open some spam advertisement. It only happened in that one folder in the same place each time I remade the folder. It was a very odd glitch, but nevertheless, I switched back to the stock Carefree launcher. It works just fine. I just don't like that I can't change icon packs with it :/ View attachment 243631

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161025-094534.jpg
    Screenshot_20161025-094534.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 4

journey2368

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I hate to be the negative guy but BLU is terrible with updates and the stock ROM you receive is what stays until they make a new device and updates (in whatever form) are rare.

I truly hope they fix this issue as the stock launcher is awful and slow.

slapdawg

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
That's what I've always heard... I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but realizing there's a good chance the update might never materialize.

In the meantime, I'll just keep using the Google Now launcher... can't really customize jack-squat, but at least widgets work on it.

journey2368

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
That's what I've always heard... I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but realizing there's a good chance the update might never materialize.

In the meantime, I'll just keep using the Google Now launcher... can't really customize jack-squat, but at least widgets work on it.

C-Launcher works as well but it's insanely bloated. Google Now works fine, but as you stated, you can't do any customization so you might be better off just sticking with the Carefree built-in. The only other way around this would be if a 3rd party ROM is released like Cyanogen.

They most likely won't release any update for this and will give lip service. Case/Point: Security updates haven't been updated since July and those would be more important than fixing launcher issues and, well, look how fast that update is in the works... which it isn't.

slapdawg

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I may have mentioned earlier, but I've found that Lightning Launcher (for whatever reason) allows me to use Widgets. But, it's SO customizable that I just haven't had a chance to try to make sense of setting it up the way I'd like it to be.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
C Launcher does work with widgets. And it's actually pretty cool to. Much better then Google now. There isn't a crazy amount of bloatware. If BLU doesn't fix it then ill keep haggling them and telling them this is going back to them or they need to give me a Pure XR lol

Smith 001

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
could you imagine that someone installed nova launcher on their smartwatch?I heard convenience brought by nova launcher,but I haven't try it yet.Do you think it would brick my watch?

Pagan X

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I too have been all over BLU about this. Other than Google launcher I didn't have luck with any launcher..didn't try the two above because I didn't like them a long time ago. I ran Nova on my Vivo XL, my wife runs it on her Vivo 5, my sister on her Studio (BLU owes me commission) and I'm a little more than ticked off that I upgrade to the 5R and now thinking about returning it for, I dunno, another XL.

I never had a complaint with BLU before, but like most of you I keep hearing they are horribly slow IF EVER with updates. Heard like above, the upgrades and bug fixes comes with the next model.

And by the way, no widgets in Nova is NOT the only problem...every launcher installed removes the fingerprint protection "private area” apps and files.

Pagan X

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Also to add, regardless of launcher, whether it's the stock carefree or CLauncher, I can't get any time / weather widgets to work properly

Pagan X

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Another email today saying that fix will be out soon. I can't wait. CLauncher is so bloated. I hate having icons (ads) show up on my home screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana